Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,545

    Default Re: Direcctx12 video card

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    You don't BUY a DX12 card, you have a card, and update to DX12....it's a gaming thing mainly.
    DX is always changing, nothing to do with the hardware.....
    I understand that, I think, but it seems that not all video cards support DirectX12. My current one, for instance.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  2. #12
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,504

    Default Re: Direcctx12 video card

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I understand that, I think, but it seems that not all video cards support DirectX12. My current one, for instance.
    got a OLD card like that, wont support the latest and greatest.

  3. #13
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,545

    Default Re: Direcctx12 video card

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    ....it's a gaming thing mainly......
    That's why it seems so silly/unreasonable for MS to expect Win11 gear to support DX12 - there must e a huge community out there for whom it is totally irrelevant.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    2,064

    Default Re: Direcctx12 video card

    Got 2 EVGA GTX 750 Ti/EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC that are DX12 capable in 2 comp's

    Both cards were $80/90 at the time

  5. #15
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,359

    Default Re: Direcctx12 video card

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    That's why it seems so silly/unreasonable for MS to expect Win11 gear to support DX12 - there must e a huge community out there for whom it is totally irrelevant.
    'Microsoft has detailed how Windows 11 is built for gamers with new improvements such as DirectX 12 Ultimate, Direct Storage, and Auto HDR (high dynamic range.) The company is committed to gaming and says that it's a core part of Windows 11, which is expected to ship later this year."

    Yep a bit silly .
    on business PC's running 10Pro ? gaming is a core part of W11 on business PC's ?

    Perhaps MS is looking into the future & hoping to sell more PC games & compete with Steam etc ?

  6. #16
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,545

    Default Re: Direcctx12 video card

    I can understand MS pushing DirectX12 in general, but making it a basic requirement is definitely OTT. Having said that, I've finally got a working PC again that does not have DX12, and the latest insider build installed OK.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  7. #17
    Bleakly Optomistic
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Otaki, NZ
    Posts
    1,596

    Default Re: Direcctx12 video card

    Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    'Microsoft has detailed how Windows 11 is built for gamers with new improvements such as DirectX 12 Ultimate, Direct Storage, and Auto HDR (high dynamic range.) The company is committed to gaming and says that it's a core part of Windows 11, which is expected to ship later this year."

    Yep a bit silly .
    on business PC's running 10Pro ? gaming is a core part of W11 on business PC's ?

    Perhaps MS is looking into the future & hoping to sell more PC games & compete with Steam etc ?
    the XBOX app in Windows is great value for money if you have the time to game already. Why pay $80-$90 on steam for a game you can rent for $12 a month on the XBOX app. unfortunately, real life got in the way, so I had to drop the XBOX app, but I know quite a few people who use it already over steam, or epic, or whoever

Similar Threads

  1. What video card?
    By FoxyMX in forum PressF1
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:02 PM
  2. Motherboard and video card for video editing?
    By stuffed in forum PressF1
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 10:57 AM
  3. AGP vs PCI video card
    By bk T in forum PressF1
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-09-2004, 03:20 PM
  4. Video/TV capture card vs graphics card.
    By Gerard P in forum PressF1
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 08:56 PM
  5. video card
    By Ron Bakker in forum PressF1
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2002, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •