Thread: Windows 11

Default Windows 11

Wifeys laptop was showing an update and new features screen when she fired it up, it wanted to go through and set up new settings but wouldn't let us go further without a MS login so I'm assuming this might be Windows 11.

We cancelled out of the update for now as she needed to do some stuff urgently on it, will have a look at it again in the morning.

Default Re: Windows 11

narrr its part of an update, not specific to W11.

From Memory you can click Continue ( bottom Right) then its either the next window or one after there's a option to Skip- click that and it will carry on loading without a password as previous.

The Only components for W11 (official) are insider builds, and even those are not requiring a password. There is a option to create a off line account without passwords, found it the other day, slightly different way but at the moment its not an obvious option.

a bit off topic but god the compulsory microsoft account thing drives me up the wall for home edition.

I don't want an MS account and prefer all my stuff to stay local, but the machine takes every chance it can get to try and push me in to it.

On home edition it's even fine that you switch back to a local account, just as long as you set up the computer and create a microsoft account then so they have your details to tie to it.

makes the pro upgrade worth it for me at least, get outta here with that crap. Others could be different but it just creeps me out.

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    a bit off topic but god the compulsory microsoft account thing drives me up the wall for home edition.

I don't want an MS account and prefer all my stuff to stay local, but the machine takes every chance it can get to try and push me in to it.

On home edition it's even fine that you switch back to a local account, just as long as you set up the computer and create a microsoft account then so they have your details to tie to it.

makes the pro upgrade worth it for me at least, get outta here with that crap. Others could be different but it just creeps me out.
    You can set up a computer without any MS Account, I do it all the time for customers, then its upto them if they want one or not. The easy way is make sure you are not connected to the internet at the time, then simply clcik " I dont have Internet" It tries a few times then gives up and gives you a bopx to type in a user name.

Windows 11 is slsightly different, just got the actual Insider ISO so will see whats changed (I know its there/available in the leaked version)

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    You can set up a computer without any MS Account, I do it all the time for customers, then its upto them if they want one or not. The easy way is make sure you are not connected to the internet at the time, then simply clcik " I dont have Internet" It tries a few times then gives up and gives you a bopx to type in a user name.

Windows 11 is slsightly different, just got the actual Insider ISO so will see whats changed (I know its there/available in the leaked version)
    But on home edition as soon as you connect to the internet, it forces you back in to set up to do it all over again, at least in my experience with recent builds.

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    But on home edition as soon as you connect to the internet, it forces you back in to set up to do it all over again, at least in my experience with recent builds.
    As per the preview thread I made a W11 Insider ISO, so I'll do a fresh install with Home and see if it can be bypassed --- Stay Tuned

wai, but it does make you hit the wrong keys' eh!!, lol.