Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Govt Crap

Default More Govt Crap

Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Default Re: More Govt Crap

I'll join one in the lower NI if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    I'll join one in the lower NI if it happens.
    HERE you go, be interesting to see what happens.

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Some businesses / Activitys ( farming etc) simply it wont be practical to change, not yet anyway. There was a program on TV the other week -- As of yet there are no electric vehicles that are even close to working all day on farms.

Example at the moment, the new rubbish collection here, from what I have heard the new Electric trucks dont have the power to collect it all in one go, the battery simply doesn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Example at the moment, the new rubbish collection here, from what I have heard the new Electric trucks dont have the power to collect it all in one go, the battery simply doesn't last.
    An EV Rubbish Truck, there must be some mistake surely?

I can’t imagine a EV Rubbish Truck getting around the block given the number of starts they do.

I suppose when it stops, having encountered a slight hill, they will tow a diesel generator out and leave it running all night to charge the battery so they can do another block the next day.

And whilst on the subject of Rubbish Bins, they have decided I need 5, that’s right 5 bins all different, but equally outrageous colours, and nowhere to put them. Rubbish day the street looks like the Rainbow Community have moved in.

Then, just to top things off, found scavenging in the bins are “Kerbside Contamination Officers”. Read HERE.

Honestly, I’m over these Green, Woke, Weirdo’s.

We don't even get a rubbish collection, we have to buy the council stamped black bag, fill it and drop at the end of the road 5Km away under a sign that says dumping of rubbish illegal.

As for recycling all has to be dropped at same place, tins, plastics cardboard all in a clear council bag that isn't recyclable and glass in a separate bin from the council that if you leave at end of road probably will disappear so we take our glass to the bottle drop off station by SWMBO's work instead

Current Govt. and local Govt. = Wan**rs

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    An EV Rubbish Truck, there must be some mistake surely?

I can’t imagine a EV Rubbish Truck getting around the block given the number of starts they do.
    I kid you not Hell the new bins also started Conspiracy theories

hutt-rubbish-collection-rollout-hits-container-and-conspiracy-snags

Then to top it all off the calendars that came with the bins at least half were wrong, so people putting out the recycle bins when it was meant to be the glass and the other way around

Some businesses / Activitys ( farming etc) simply it wont be practical to change, not yet anyway. There was a program on TV the other week -- As of yet there are no electric vehicles that are even close to working all day on farms.

i don't know the rubbish trucks, but there is a heavy EV truck. catch is its load is small because of the huge battery weight and it has to recharge at the places it goes to. not mention the extra wear and tear on the roads due to the huge extra weight.
    EV's can't handle load because batteries cannot store enough power for their weight.
    unless some new tech comes along, which is not likely, ev's will never replace a lot of vehicles. btw solid state batteries will help but its no where near enough improvement.

ev's are fine for light loads like taking one person to work close by. ,maybe even running to the local shop. but they can't tow, or be used in poor aerodynamic vehicles or high drag vehicles, carry large loads, because the driving range decreases to next to nothing.
    Tweak it till it breaks

I kid you not Hell the new bins also started Conspiracy theories

hutt-rubbish-collection-rollout-hits-container-and-conspiracy-snags

Then to top it all off the calendars that came with the bins at least half were wrong, so people putting out the recycle bins when it was meant to be the glass and the other way around
    Wainui, you have absolutely no idea the relief I am experiencing having read your Post.

I previously was of the firm opinion that Tauranga City Council had become the Dumping Place for Lunatics of the World.

You may or may not be aware, but we don’t have a City Council now.

We wound up where half the elected Council didn’t agree with the other half, not even on a Pay Rise, where the Mayor had to use his casting vote to push it through.

The whole thing became shambolic, so to ensure that situation continued, the Government appointed a Commission, of “Their” Choice.

So you tell your guys down Hutt City if they’re looking to employ more staff that can totally screw everything up, then Tauranga is an excellent place to start.