Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Covid Jab

Old guy

Default The Covid Jab

The Minister of Health after being put on the spot now informs us that there have been a handful of bad reactions to the Covid-19 inoculation. He has a lot bigger hands than most of us there being some 4521 bad reactions 180 of them serious after 744,883 inoculations given. Not a very high percentage I would agree but is still a lot worse than the reported number of Covid-19 cases in NZ let alone the number of people actually ill which I assume is very close to zero as they never tell us that figure.

Default Re: The Covid Jab

Saw that in the news yesterday.
    It's your choice whether you have the vaccine or not.

You do know all vaccines can cause issues with a few people?
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4083159/

Take the risk or get polio instead? (For example)
    Ex-pctek

Latest figures..... 3.25 Billion doses administered worldwide so far. Some people I know would have us believe there are bodies piling up in the streets from Vaccine reactions.

Ken

I don’t believe there has ever been a Vaccine, or Drug for that matter, that hasn’t had an adverse effect on someone.

It all gets down to Risk Management of your personal circumstances.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Of those all bad reactions , some will be co-incidence & caused by other things
    some will be imaginary eg, claims the covid vax made some people magnetic

Just seeing a needle will induce bad reaction in some people .

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    I donít believe there has ever been a Vaccine, or Drug for that matter, that hasnít had an adverse effect on someone.
    Our daughter has had a reaction to most of the vaccines she has had in her 40 years but that has not stopped her being vaccinated. She says she will have the Covid19 jab as well.

We have had our two jabs with the worse reaction being SWMBO's sore arm the next day - it did not last.

I can't understand the people who say they will not get the jab. Why wouldn't you? After all, the virus can kill you. I think that's a pretty good reason to be vaccinated.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Our daughter has had a reaction to most of the vaccines she has had in her 40 years but that has not stopped her being vaccinated. She says she will have the Covid19 jab as well.

We have had our two jabs with the worse reaction being SWMBO's sore arm the next day - it did not last.

I can't understand the people who say they will not get the jab. Why wouldn't you? After all, the virus can kill you. I think that's a pretty good reason to be vaccinated.
    Probably because it was rushed out with no long term trials to see what effect it could have on people down the line and the no-you can't sue us clause the drugs companies insisted on. I will get it at some point but don't see me rushing to get it.

Old guy

All the comments so far are quite reasonable and mostly common sense. A couple of points that perhaps should also be considered:
    There are people making a fortune producing vaccines distributing them and giving them.
    The media including ours and the Government will not report any news which does not support their version of the truth.
    There are "Experts" that nobody ever heard of before building reputations by keeping us all terrified with worst case stories which probably will never happen.
    If you make any comment on the likes of Facebook, YouTube etc which does not support their version of the truth it will get you banned from the platform.
    My point being that it is very hard to know what is true when we are only being given information from one side of the story by people who are manipulating us with the aim of gaining votes and or making money.

I still don't get why we can crank out a vaccine in 10 minutes for new ailments, but with all the money and resources for how many decades, we can't find one for the common cold.

A cynic might say that the revenue from drugs used to treat the cold symptoms could have something to do with it.

Don't know but it's a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    I still don't get why we can crank out a vaccine in 10 minutes for new ailments.

Look up how the process works. Then you'll see.

There is a new one shot one now, BTW.
    Ex-pctek