Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default P47 5.0+EDR Wireless & Bluetooth headphones.

Anyone out there shed any light on how one sets up P47 5.0+EDR wireless headphones?

I want to listen to the TV via Bluetooth without deafening everybody else watching.

Google came up with these sites but they were no help at all. HERE & HERE
    Last edited by B.M.; 25-06-2021 at 04:30 PM.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Default Re: P47 5.0+EDR Wireless & Bluetooth headphones.

Might sound silly, but is the TV capable of Blutooth connecting ?

Had similar the other day at a person place sorting out their computer and that asked the same question ( different headphones) the guy at Harveynorman showed them what to do on a store TV, but when looking on theirs at home ( different TV) the blutooth option wasn't there.

Dont know if this article is of any use how-to-connect-wireless-headphones-to-tv/

Old guy

If needed a little device can be connected to the TV to provide Bluetooth connections. I have one produced by Sennheiser which works very well. A lot cheaper than a new TV

What CliveM said. My 2012 tv, which was sold as a SmartTV at the time, doesn't have Bluetooth capability so I bought a Bluetooth transmitter made by Avantree to connect to the TV. It works great.

Some Bluetooth transmitters have an unacceptable lag between sound on TV and sound in your ears, so be careful what you buy. Speech can be really irritating if there is a lag. There is also a setting on my TV that allows you to set the maximum lag time, but that setting can be inadequate to correct problems between the TV, the transmitter and the earphones, so buy wisely!

The other problem is how you connect the transmitter to the TV. Mine is connected to the optical out port. If it is connected to the headphone port it will cut off sound for other viewers/listeners.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    What CliveM said. My 2012 tv, which was sold as a SmartTV at the time, doesn't have Bluetooth capability so I bought a Bluetooth transmitter made by Avantree to connect to the TV. It works great

The other problem is how you connect the transmitter to the TV. Mine is connected to the optical out port. If it is connected to the headphone port it will cut off sound for other viewers/listeners.
    Mine is also connected to the Optical Out Port.

Thanks for your input guys.

Well Iím still working on this but progress is slow.

Anyway, Iíve established that the TV does have Bluetooth and I have it connected to the Headphones.

Iím quite impressed with the sound, however, I canít find the way to have the TV Speakers and Bluetooth both on at the same time.

With regard to the TV having Bluetooth ability, it would seem that if you have a Smart Remote for the TV you have Bluetooth because thatís how the Remote works.

Just something Iíve read in a couple of places.

Oh, a little joke on me.

I hunted everywhere for the Handbook for the TV but couldnít find it so I searched on line.

Sure enough, could be downloaded from Samsung so Iím on the case.

Bloody Hell, the Manual is 236 pages and hasnít even got a wiring diagram.

Needless to say I didnít print it.

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old guy

The little bluetooth box connected to the optical port trick would solve your problem. They are not very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    T

With regard to the TV having Bluetooth ability, it would seem that if you have a Smart Remote for the TV you have Bluetooth because that’s how the Remote works.
    Not all TV's have bluetooth, but will have infrared, Slightly different - Remotes can use either depends on the remote. The remote for my Media center used IR, ( has a USB /IR Attachment) as the PC doesn't have Bluetooth.

Bluetooth and infrared wireless technologies are commonly used for short-range wireless communication between electronic devices. Both technologies are effective, but because of their very different capabilities and limitations, they are best suited to very different applications. In most respects, Bluetooth holds a distinct advantage, although infrared continues to be popular in some applications.--------

Infrared wireless uses pulses of infrared light to transmit data from one device to another. These pulses are invisible to the naked eye, but can be detected by a sensor in the receiving device. Bluetooth wireless uses radio waves on a particular frequency (2.4 gigaHertz) for data transmission from device to device. Both Bluetooth and infrared consume considerably less power than other wireless technologies.
    Source differences-between-infrared-bluetooth

For getting audio out the speakers and Headphones at the same time, while its possible, sometimes its in settings other times you need additional hardware, as when headphones are attached ( by various methods) the headphones cut the external Audio. One way around that is connect two or more headphones to the bluetooth.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 03-07-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Dont know the model of your TV, but did find these -- Scroll to Using Bluetooth hearing aids (Multi-output Audio) Hopefully your settings will be there https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00085342/ Actually expand / read all 3 options / heading, may explain any problems

OR
    You can turn on both the TV speaker and a Bluetooth device designed for the hearing impaired at the same time. The hearing impaired person can then set the volume of their Bluetooth device higher than the volume of the TV speaker without affecting the volume of the TV speaker, allowing both the hearing impaired person and their family to listen to the TV at comfortable sound levels.

The process is slightly different depending on what model of TV you have:

2019, 2018 and 2017 Smart TVs (R, N, and M models): Home > Settings > General > Accessibility > Multi-output Audio

2016 Smart TVs (K models): Home > Settings > System > Accessibility > Multi-output Audio

2015 Smart TVs (J models): MENU > System > Accessibility > Multi-output Audio

This feature is not available on older TVs.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 03-07-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks, All Fixed.

The instructions were half way through the Manual on page 116 no less.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bluetooth+Spkrs.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	10980

On the same page it tells me how to Zoom-in on Sign Language, but I think I'll leave that for another day.