Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VoidMaster

Default Re: At Least We're in the Right Country

Well they're doing very well with the Covid issue so far, worth their weight in gold, if national was in power it would be back to business as usual, and thousands dying.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Well they're doing very well with the Covid issue so far, worth their weight in gold, if national was in power it would be back to business as usual, and thousands dying.
    Maybe from a Covinda point of view Labor can do no wrong. What's happened to the vax rollout ?? Running out next week.. Problem is that as the rest of the world starts opening up we're going to be left in their shadows wondering why we can't travel because we haven't been vaxed..
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

An E-Mail from a Mate.

He didn't write it and nor did I.

I would give it 9/10 though, so I'll post it.

Letter to Comrade Jacinda:

Madam,

I am writing to you to express my extreme dissatisfaction with your government's performance. I have listed below items of policy that you and your ministers have enacted without any mandate or approval of the people who put you into power. The list is not exhaustive.

To date you have:

(1) Cancelled all future exploration for fossil fuels (We are now importing coal to bail out electricity generation). This was done without warning or discussion.

(2) Declared a climate emergency when there is not a shred of scientific evidence that such an emergency exists.

(3) Commissioned a report, He Puapua (in secret) that is a roadmap to destroy our democratic society. It outlines how on the basis of race , 15% of our population will dominate and control the remaining 85% of the population and much more. It has to be noted that the proposed changes to the health administration align with the He Puapua manifesto.

(4) You have authorised the changing of names of Government Departments, places and even our country and allowed Maori language alternative names to take precedence.

(5) You continue to foster and promote the false notion that the Treaty of Waitangi took the Maori people into partnership with the Crown when you know full well this is not and cannot be the case. Even your past Labour colleagues insist that this is not so.

(6) You have passed legislation UNDER URGENCY to remove referenda rights in local government in your racist drive to promote Maori.

(7) You have voted money ( $55 million) to be awarded to news media on the condition that they support your racist principles. ie that they sing from the same hymn sheet. This is nothing short of blatant bribery and corruption and is an outrageous abuse of taxpayers funds.

(8) You have allowed and insisted that all civil servants must pass a cultural examination to qualify for employment. This is a breath-taking abuse of your power and an insult to people seeking employment.

You seem to be intent on doing as much damage to our Democracy and our way of life as you can possibly muster. The fact that you withheld the He Puapua report from us (the people) the Opposition, and your Coalition partners shows just how deceitful you are.

The fact that New Zealand has one of the highest child suicide rates in the OECD comes as no surprise as you have allowed your climate policies to put the fear of death into our vulnerable young people. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You promised that you would run a completely transparent Government when in fact you have been about as secretive and deceitful as you could possibly be.
    As I said at the beginning of this letter you have done all these things and many more without a mandate or the unqualified support of your electors. You yourself are not even an elected MP and yet you are behaving as though you are a supreme being.

For my part I have had enough. Roll on the next election.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I think one problem with NZ is the 3 year Electoral Cycle. I would make it 4 years in the hope that we might have some more actions avoiding excuses such as "we had good projects but ran out of time to implement them".
    Both party leaders have had (and do have) faults but who does not. Lange Douglas and Prebble sold our country down the river (The rest of the World applauded -brave kiwis- while laughing into their drinks at our naivety. But then National under Bolger./Richardson carried on those action's and destroyed fair levels of pay for workers. FYI I used to think Unions had too much power and abused it. John Key built an economy on cheap migrant labour whilst hindering immigration of truly skilled workers.
    My other concern is that there is an increasing trend for members entering parliament without much "real world": work experience. That to me is cause of some impractical theoretical concepts gaining traction in legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    I think one problem with NZ is the 3 year Electoral Cycle. I would make it 4 years in the hope that we might have some more actions avoiding excuses such as "we had good projects but ran out of time to implement them".
    Both party leaders have had (and do have) faults but who does not. Lange Douglas and Prebble sold our country down the river (The rest of the World applauded -brave kiwis- while laughing into their drinks at our naivety. But then National under Bolger./Richardson carried on those action's and destroyed fair levels of pay for workers. FYI I used to think Unions had too much power and abused it. John Key built an economy on cheap migrant labour whilst hindering immigration of truly skilled workers.
    My other concern is that there is an increasing trend for members entering parliament without much "real world": work experience. That to me is cause of some impractical theoretical concepts gaining traction in legislation.
    I agree with you 100% Neil and I could right a book about the idiots I have encountered that could wallpaper their office with Certificates and Degrees, but had no idea how to do the job.
    The Professor at University, and indeed his tutor, had never worked in the field either, so you get all these theory dicks that had never done any practical. Let’s face it the Theory is the Easy bit.

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

New Zealand is a nice country as the population is low and high employment opportunities. https://traveltipsguides.com/best-pl...n-new-zealand/

Why Silicon Valley billionaires are prepping for the apocalypse in New Zealand:
    a good picture of an elated Jacinda.
    I guess if you are stinking rich it's OK.
    If you're not the reality is somewhat different.

And Jacinda, she might be better than a lot of those in charge but she sure isn't Ms Perfect.
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

You don't seem to be getting what I am saying, if the rich people of the world are choosing NZ as their place of refuge over other possibilities round the world, during the coming storm then we are lucky because we're already here.

However if it was me and I was rich enough I would set up two or three places of refuge round the world and hope one would be the best then fly around the refuges that survived using my Bombardier plane.

https://businessaircraft.bombardier.com/en
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

We might be looking somewhere else if we allow the Government to get away with this.

An extract from a E-Mail doing the rounds.

Our established democratic order is being swept aside by an incoming tide of race-based tyranny. Following is but a sample – remember these are taken from the Government’s own plan. Some parts have already been enacted.

1. A separate Maori Health Authority:
    o Funded by the Taxpayer.
    o With veto rights over the entire health system
    o Maori patients are now being prioritised over non-Maori.

2. Dept of Conservation Land:
    o Government documents have now emerged showing a plan to transfer the ownership and control of the entire Conservation Estate to Tribal Authorities
    o The Dept of Conservation has now formed an “Options, Development Group” (ODG). This group has made a recommendation to give control and governance of DOC to Maori.

3. Land & Business:
    o Exempting Maori land from the requirement to pay rates.
    o Iwi businesses now worth several billion dollars do not pay taxes.
    o Taxpayer funding to upgrade maraes.

4. Education:
    o Rewriting the history of this country to suit a Maori agenda in the Education curriculum. The rewritten curriculum shows pre and post European Maori to be a different person than what was observed and recorded by early Europeans.

5. Local Government:
    o The abolition of the right of local communities to hold a binding referendum on Maori Ward Seats on Councils
    o Local Government Minister Mahuta is now undertaking a review and it appears likely to lead that 50% of Council seats will be held by Maori.

6. Governance:
    o Two complete Governments that overlap.
    o A new written Constitution based on a new interpretation of the Treaty of Waitangi.
    o At least five per cent of all Govt procurement contracts must now go to Maori businesses. All government departments/agencies must now provide a report that shows at least five per cent of the procurement for goods and services was from Maori businesses.

7. Justice:
    o A Maori Court system, where offenders with a Maori ancestor will be treated differently from other offenders.
    o Maori Jails, where inmates with a Maori ancestor will be treated differently to other inmates.
    o Western Common Law being replaced by Maori “tikanga” (Maori customary & practices). See Justice Churchman’s Decision May 2021
    o Where people of Maori ancestry will have greater legal rights

8. Water:
    o Granting Maori rights to ALL fresh water
    o Giving Maori access to funding for their legal costs to claim the Seabed & Foreshore, from mean high tide out to 12 nautical miles.
    o Opponents to Maori claims must fund their own legal costs.

9. Media:
    o Maori language and culture are now being forced into Government Departments, Local Authorities, and state funded media.
    o The guidelines for the media in the government’s latest funding of $55 million dollars to them, now prevents an opposing point of view to the government’s race-based program being aired.

The above is just a sample of what is in the He Puapua 2040 plan.

You don't seem to be getting what I am saying, if the rich people of the world are choosing NZ as their place of refuge over other possibilities round the world
    where are the FACTS . ie : what proof that so many millionaires are chosing NZ as a refuge . One extremist doesnt mean anything
    dont ... believe...everything...you read on the internet

Just like the reports of US Billionaires building saftey bunkers under their NZ holiday homes.
    It was alot of BS
    no one wants to advertise they have a 'safety bunker' under their new home, so what proof ?
    Building consents also dont backup the claims of saftey bunkers built under homes.

a few billionaires building holiday homes here is a drop in the bucket . It means nothing.
    Look at all the US millionaires living in China , UK , HK . it prooves nothing