Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleakly Optomistic

Default Re: Zoom Pharmacy is awesome - and free

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Anyone can use any chemist they like, anywhere in the country, regardless of how much they earn.
    Chemists don't check that you know....
    Okay, I'm so used to having to pay so much more. For example here, beneficiaries get doctors visits for $15, it would cost me $70, and I have to pay for the cost of prescriptions on top of that, whereas they don't

Quote Originally Posted by the_bogan View Post
    Okay, I'm so used to having to pay so much more. For example here, beneficiaries get doctors visits for $15, it would cost me $70, and I have to pay for the cost of prescriptions on top of that, whereas they don't
    It's not beneficiaries, it's anyway on low income. If you earn a low wage you can still get a CC card. And the cheaper GP price.
    Likewise pensioners.

Anyway GP fees vary, you could go elsewhere. Personally I choose by doctors skills/service rather than price.

But you can certainly have zero cost prescriptions, whatever you earn...up to you to choose a pharmacy.
    Ex-pctek

Bleakly Optomistic

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    It's not beneficiaries, it's anyway on low income. If you earn a low wage you can still get a CC card. And the cheaper GP price.
    Likewise pensioners.

Anyway GP fees vary, you could go elsewhere. Personally I choose by doctors skills/service rather than price.

But you can certainly have zero cost prescriptions, whatever you earn...up to you to choose a pharmacy.
    There's one Doctors clinic in town, so not too much choice.

As I said, prescriptions can be from any chemist, half the point of ZOOm is they do out of town....
    As for out of town, we have had some bad docs. When we came here we had one bad one and thus looked for another. There were 2 choices, no-one else taking patients.

I selected one based on their website blurb and said to husband, if no good, I'll drive all the way to Akld every 3 months if I have. And I would have.
    It's your life.
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

Went into Chemist Wholesale yesterday to get four items on my prescription. Stood there for about ten minutes whilst a staff member at the in desk talked on the phone with whoever about some problem, then took about 5 minutes with the customer ahead of me, a big palaver, some problem with how her doctor had made up the quantities on her prescription, not resolved in the customers favour, she would have to return with another script from doctor, eventually got to me and as usual had all the items but one which apparently is in short supply every time I go in, you have to return the next day, a very common medication for asthma, so I said I'm going back to my old chemist and walked out.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 04-07-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

I can't speak too highly of them.

I've been using Zoom Pharmacy now for about 6 months and they're efficient, friendly, and give everything they promise. Personally I have a daily "cocktail" of 5 tablets. These come sorted in a dispenser rendering the daily dosage in a individual sachet, each sachet clearly printed with the list of its contents, my name, day of the week, and the date (you can see at a glance if you've somehow missed a day). When the monthly sachets are about to run out, they automatically send the next months supply, and when the script needs to be renewed, they ask your doctor for a renewal. I really don't have to do a thing, it's all taken care of for me. No more opening five individual containers, just tear open the one sachet and gulp down the contents LOL

Travelling? Just take with you the appropriate sachets plus a day or two extra just in case you get stuck somewhere.

Setting up was a painless process, and I get each months supply couriered to me. And, no charges incurred. You need to have a minimum of four daily tablets (i.e. individual descriptions) to enjoy no prescription charges, and no courier charges either. I don't know what their business model is based on, but I imagine it's based on quantity/ bulk purchases from their suppliers.

As I said, I can't speak too highly of them.

Last edited by WalOne; 04-07-2021 at 11:30 AM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

I agree zqwerty, should send the bastards back to Australia where they came from I prefer to support my locally owned pharmacist.

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    I can't speak too highly of them.

I've been using Zoom Pharmacy now for about 6 months and they're efficient, friendly, and give everything they promise.
    You need to have a minimum of four daily tablets (i.e. individual descriptions) to enjoy no prescription charges, and no courier charges either.

No.
    You get free prescription regardless. You get free SHIPPING with 4 or more pills.
    Otherwise it's no prescription charge and a small courier cost.

It's on their website.

https://zoompharmacy.co.nz/pricing/
    On four meds or more?

Get FREE prescriptions* and FREE delivery to anywhere in New Zealand!
    On 1-3 meds?

Get FREE prescriptions,* (a $6.50 shipping fee will apply) to anywhere in New Zealand!

There is no prescription charge for children under 14.
    Ex-pctek