Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Skinny Wireless Broadband

Bought a Skinny 4G Wireless Broadband with unlimited data and have installed it as a failover internet connection. They sent me a Huawei 4G modem, plugged in to WAN2 on my Unifi NXG-Pro, quite impressed with the speeds. 115 down and 44 up.

The day after I got it too they emailed to say that the plan price was dropping from $65 to $60. Debating whether to move from Spark to Skinny and take my number with me, as it seems they're Spark anyway and the plan is cheaper for the same thing I have at the moment ($70 vs $79), plus if you have a skinny phone and broadband connection you get a discount on the broadband fees.

Has anyone had any experience with Skinny's mobile plans? Might have to move my line fiber to them as well.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1659.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	10965

Default Re: Skinny Wireless Broadband

We have three phones on Skinny's $16 plan. They all see OK except my granddaughter uses data like she drinks water but not upgrading her plan She'll have to live with it. My wife is still on a $30 Spark Onebil plan.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Looked into that idea with skinny wireless as on Spark 4G wireless anyway but the skinny one isn't available at our address

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    Bought a Skinny 4G Wireless Broadband ..., quite impressed with the speeds. 115 down and 44 up.

Has anyone had any experience with Skinny's mobile plans? Might have to move my line fiber to them as well.
    ]
    4G, yuk. Be aware you can get congestion.

My brother has his phone with Skinny.
    The only thing he had was some hassle with his pin - for top up, took ages to get sorted but other than that he is happy with it.
    They only have 2 ways off paying though:

2. Visa Debit/ Credit card

3. Online Eftpos (Via the Skinny Mobile App)
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    4G, yuk. Be aware you can get congestion.

My brother has his phone with Skinny.
    The only thing he had was some hassle with his pin - for top up, took ages to get sorted but other than that he is happy with it.
    They only have 2 ways off paying though:

2. Visa Debit/ Credit card

3. Online Eftpos (Via the Skinny Mobile App)
    4G broadband is the only thing available for us so you might say yuck but for all us not stupid enough to live in a town its all we have.

Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

My wife and I both have Skinny - just for our cellphones and are very happy indeed. We keep not using all of our minutes and data and they just keep adding up. So we don't think twice about making calls. The accumulation happens for a full year. Calls to Aussie just use your minutes in the same way as NZ ones, which is great as I have a cousin in Adelaide. This last thing is an advantage over Spark (though they are basically the same company).
    Last edited by Misty; 27-06-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    My wife and I both have Skinny - just for our cellphones and are very happy indeed. We keep not using all of our minutes and data and they just keep adding up. So we don't think twice about making calls. The accumulation happens for a full year. Calls to Aussie just use your minutes in the same way as NZ ones, which is great as I have a cousin in Adelaide. This last thing is an advantage over Spark (though they are basically the same company).
    Same as! Great for Aussie calls.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    4G broadband is the only thing available for us so you might say yuck but for all us not stupid enough to live in a town its all we have.
    Yep, sorry, forgot where you live....
    Not a bad speed, if it is consistent, you might be lucky, less people there to congest it....
    Ex-pctek

My wife and I both have Skinny Calls to Aussie just use your minutes in the same way as NZ ones, which is great as I have a cousin in Adelaide. .
    True Spark doesn't do the accumulate thing, I did change husbands not long ago, $40 and he got unlimited Aus and NZ, calls and txts.
    My brother was more concerned with data though and Skinny was better for that.
    Ex-pctek

Thanks! Going to move both cellphones and probably line broadband to them too. The prices are too good!