Thread: Covid jab

Default Covid jab

Got our second jab yesterday. Warned by nurse of possible side effects. None at all for us, but I she told us that some folks are having a bit of tiredness and pain!

All ready to go now! Haven't seen our daughter in Oz for 3.5 yrs now. We were supposed to go in March last year but Covid buggered that. Will look at booking for later in the year.

A bit concerned about the way they were handling things. They had had a large group of RSE workers in and we're behind in their schedule. About a dozen of us oldies were told to wait outside under the umbrellas at the clubs smokers tables. The rain was coming in sideways and geez it was cold. In the end, I protested and led the rabble inside telling them that they would have all of us in hospital with pneumonia rather than Covid if we stayed out there any longer.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Default Re: Covid jab

Just remember that even though a person may have had the Jab, it doesn't fully stop you from getting covid. You can still get it but its not as dangerous and less likely to spread to others.

Bit like the Flu jab, you can still get a cold /flu like symptoms but not as bad.

The covid jab doesn't make a person immune to covid.

If you look it up there's plenty of reports.

The flu vaccine actually just protects you against certain strains - and not others.
    Ex-pctek

With Covid we need a good % of the population to get the jab. Herd immunity without killing off 25% of the population! So I am told.

But then the dirty little beggar will morph into another type............. And so the battle goes on! It will probably end up as a yearly shot, like the Flu?

Ken

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post

But then the dirty little beggar will morph into another type............. And so the battle goes on! It will probably end up as a yearly shot, like the Flu?

Ken
    It certainly will and it will continue to make a lot of people very rich producing a new version of the jab each year.

Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

Now for some positivity. My wife and I got our second covid vaccinations on Saturday. They were very well organised indeed. Our first vaccinations had not much reaction, a bit of a sore arm, indeed my wife said that she noticed less than the flu jab. My experience was a bit more than the flu jab, but fine.
    This past Saturday, we both had our second vaccinations. My wife's reaction was pretty straightforward, however mine was very different. Mine - Saturday the vaccination, Sunday a bit fatigued and the day appreciably harder, did some things, but less energy. Woke up on Monday feeling very good, but
    very quickly yesterday (Monday), about lunchtime, I went downhill,very fatigued! Very tired, both mentally and physically. I slept for almost an hour in the afternoon, which is unusual for me. Plus for a few extended periods, could only listen to the radio with my eyes closed. Early to bed.

From that experience, I have cautions. From talking with friends, acquaintances and from my own experience, the second jab is the one to watch! You may well be like my wife and sail through, however, to be safe, I would caution you to not have anything strenuous or
    mentally demanding, including driving, for two days after your second jab.

I am very glad indeed that I am now vaccinated - the possible alternative is so much worse!
    Last edited by Misty; 22-06-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile
    Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz 32 C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    It certainly will and it will continue to make a lot of people very rich producing a new version of the jab each year.
    It's the same the whole world over,
    It's the poor what gets the blame,
    It's the rich what gets the pleasure,
    Isn't it a blooming shame?

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Misty, the Ministry's covid information suggests that side effects may be more likely to occur with the second jab. I have had what you described with a flu jab - normally the flu jab is uneventful, but a few years ago I was laid out for a day or so and I have no idea why it has never happened again.

I had my first jab yesterday, and there have been no side effects at all thus far. I came out of the nurse's room to see a row of anxious elderly faces in the waiting room: "what was it like?" etc etc. It took me back to our TB injections at high school many many years ago. All I could say was "just the same as a flu jab". I don't think they believed me.

One of the television faces who fronts the media a lot on Covid has already given his opinion that in the future we may have to have continuing vaccinations the way we do with the flu.

The whole process has been very professional and trouble free, except for one thing - how are people chosen to receive the vaccination? It seems to be completely random at the moment.