Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows 11 leaked

Windows 11 was leaked, lots of tech websites / YT's are installing it.
    Possibly more fiddling at the edges than a complete rebuild ?

have a look , if interested.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMHgM_hTzlw

" There will never be a Windows 11 "

I assume insiders will get a legit build soon.

Default Re: Windows 11 leaked

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Windows 11 was leaked, lots of tech websites / YT's are installing it.
    Possibly more fiddling at the edges than a complete rebuild ?

have a look , if interested.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMHgM_hTzlw

" There will never be a Windows 11 "

I assume insiders will get a legit build soon.
    inbold, The actual current version used to have a number/Letter like the Public 21h1 But now its Version "Windows Dev" There are already several different layouts and graphical changes in the Insiders that are not in the Public Release. (and under the bonnet as well)

Looking at the video - at least they wont be doing a balls up like W7 to W8 its not that different. (outwardly)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 16-06-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Interesting

"If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."

Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage· Jun 12

A lot of crap there that most wont ever use. If its not free people wont upgrade anytime soon

Some screenshots from mine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown-4.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	10954

Name:	unknown-3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	10955

Name:	unknown-2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	10956

I installed it this morning. I know it's beta but this new start menu is a step backwards, way backwards. They have a recommended section that you can't remove, instead of having all apps on the left side they made it so to show all apps you have to click a button and moved that button to the top right corner. ugh.

Start menu icons are now centred by default, but at least they included an option so that you can put them back to the left side.

I don't mind all the rounded corners so much but it feels like a poor imitation of macOS to be honest.

New sound scheme is very nice, much less shrilly, new wallpapers look nice too.

Pet hate so far is that they removed task manager from right clicking the taskbar. I know, I know, there are a thousand other ways to do it but i've done it this way for years.

See on the install process they have NZ Aotearoa so I would call this leak a well done fake

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    See on the install process they have NZ Aotearoa so I would call this leak a well done fake

Nah, that's what it's called in 11, as well as in the IME setup.

Heres something to ponder over, just reading some comments on Reddit ---Hmmmm

Been chewing on something and researching to verify things I had thought were true (and confirmed them) on this one. Came to a conclusion here.

What if Windows 11 is a name being shot out strictly to overhype what is in reality Windows 10 21H2 to get the media talking about the OS as they've been? This wouldn't be the first time we've seen this kind of stunt from Redmond. Microsoft was built on it-Gates didn't even have anything coded at all for DOS when he petitioned IBM with it. He gambled, worked to make DOS overnight, and it went on its way to create the backplate for why the PC today that we use is IBM's and not any of the others in the 80s. We saw it to a lesser degree when they moved to Windows 9x from Windows 3, and with IE over Netscape. It's not like this is above Microsoft-come out with grandiose claims, simply to generate market and media buzz, then come out with what the real deal actually is.

So what if all of these 11s is to create all these grandiose media rumors about how MS is moving off of Windows 10, when in reality, the whole reason W11 even is happening is because Sun Valley is such a major redesign and retooling of W10 that the Windows marketing div saw an opportunity to put the OS back into mainstream media coverage? This is my theory here. And the REAL name...is going to be Windows, and the 11s just a means to keep people talking.

EDIT: I wanted to tag this onto this-as far as the name change goes, I haven't seen anything official from Redmond even suggesting that W11 is indeed happening outside of what could be argued as circumstantial. There have not been any mentions of it by name on the Windows blog, nor any mentions that I could see being reason to create a base for this claim based on official docs. It's all been speculative media articles that have made the connection based off of the info we have from what I've been able to find.
    Looking at the videos that are about he could be onto something, if you look at the development of Windows 10 it has changed over the years, some things added and removed, and as mentioned yesterday some of the "Options" are already in the Windows 10 insider builds (have been for a couple of months now).

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Heres something to ponder over, just reading some comments on Reddit ---Hmmmm

Looking at the videos that are about he could be onto something, if you look at the development of Windows 10 it has changed over the years, some things added and removed, and as mentioned yesterday some of the "Options" are already in the Windows 10 insider builds (have been for a couple of months now).

If it is then I'm all for it. That way I can stay on 10 on mission critical machines and not get forced to update. Especially while they have that horrendous start menu.