Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Covid Vaccine -Grrrrr!

Yesterday I got an email inviting me to register to get the vaccine. all perfectly genuine.
    I clicked the link to get started and it was all downhill from there. I've lost track of the exact path I followed to total confusion and frustration, but basically it wanted me to "reset my password" (which I'd never set before). I created a password which seemed to be accepted, but when I tried to login using the userid they had supplied it said one or the other was not valid.
    I closed the browser and tried the link again in case it need to be refreshed. Still didn't work. I clicked a sort of home button top left and got taken to page where I was asked for my Microsoft account. WTF? Being a compliant sort of a body I tried that and got taken down another rabbit hole where I ended up being told to contact the administrator because I was unknown in that domain, i.e. I was somehow behind the scenes the in covid application system itself. Now if I try the signon link again I just a page saying "password reset error" with nowhere to go.

At that point I thought I'd try calling the provided 0800 number. First time I was told they were overloaded and to try again later. I've since tried three or four times, and have just been left on hold with the most appalling music interrupted by patronising messages about why the vaccine is safe. Each time I have had to hang up because of an external interruption or the battery on my cordless handset has died.

I'll have another go on Monday.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Default Re: Covid Vaccine -Grrrrr!

Yesterday I got an email inviting me to register to get the vaccine. all perfectly genuine.
    HOW do you know its Legit ?? There's a few scams around that trick people into giving information and they LOOK VERY real.

Clues to a Scam:

1.It wanted me to "reset my password" (which I'd never set before)
    2.I was asked for my Microsoft account. WTF ------ (COMMENT: Not everyone has a MS Account.)
    3. I ended up being told to contact the administrator because I was unknown in that domain.
    4.I was somehow behind the scenes the in covid application system itself.

The last one esp -- NO WAY would you be able to do that Via standard links, esp on professional sites the Govt provide.

Sounds dodgy AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I clicked a sort of home button top left and got taken to page where I was asked for my Microsoft account.
    Itís just Microsoft trying to be helpful.

Donít be so ungrateful.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Most likely a scam.... nobody to do with vaccines ever email you.... Phone 0800 115 117 That's the legit number....... I just phoned them, they asked me a couple of questions, got booked in straight away, no probs....
    Had my first shot today, next one in Three weeks time.��

LL
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

You all may be right about a scam, but if it is it is a very thorough one. All the URLs look OK, and the message headers, as far as I can understand them, look OK too. And nobody has tried to get anything out of me yet, and the login process won't have disclosed anything. Of course all sorts of evil things could be happening without me realising, but I think I tend to believe its a cock-up rather than a conspiracy.
    Lakewood Lady, I think the processes are different depending on your DHB, but I'll try your number and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by lakewoodlady View Post
    Most likely a scam.... nobody to do with vaccines ever email you....
    It depends upon the DHB. Waitemata DHB can email or text you.

See: https://immunisation.northernregion.health.nz/

Group 3 update: If you are in Group 3, you will receive your COVID-19 vaccination invitation by mid-July. Youíll receive a text or an email from NMF Immunisation bookings inviting you to book your appointment. If you belong to a GP clinic that is also offering COVID-19 vaccinations, you may also receive an invitation from them too. The invitations are being sent automatically, so you donít need to do anything until you receive yours.
    I got my parent's to phone for their appointments as they have neither email or text messaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    It depends upon the DHB. Waitemata DHB can email or text you.

See: https://immunisation.northernregion.health.nz/

I got my parent's to phone for their appointments as they have neither email or text messaging.
    I'm in Waitemata, and I got both text and email.
    What number did your parents phone, and did they have trouble getting through?

They phoned this number: Vaccination Helpline on 0800 28 29 26 (Auckland)

No problem getting through, but that was on a public holiday. Make sure you have your NHI (hospital number) handy.

Check out what centre you would like to go to before phoning for an appointment. There is one in Henderson or West Gate. I see Health New Lynn also offers vaccinations but I don't know if you book through them or via the vaccination helpline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    They phoned this number: Vaccination Helpline on 0800 28 29 26 (Auckland)

No problem getting through, but that was on a public holiday. Make sure you have your NHI (hospital number) handy.

Check out what centre you would like to go to before phoning for an appointment. There is one in Henderson or West Gate. I see Health New Lynn also offers vaccinations but I don't know if you book through them or via the vaccination helpline.
    Thanks Jen. That is the number I was trying. It sort of confirms my belief that what I got was legit. I'll probably opt for Henderson.