Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Covid Vaccine -Grrrrr!

This is p***ing me off more and more.
    This morning I get another email and text reminding me I haven't booked. I try the booking link again and try the password reset again, and bingo! this time it worked! I then try to log in and get rejected again. I click "forgot password" and go to the password reset screen, but whaddya know, I get the password reset error again.
    So I try the phone number, three times, most recently about 30 secs ago, and each time I'm told to go away because they are overloaded.
    I'm beginning to think they really don't want me to get vaccinated at all.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Senior

NZ Herald article this morning quotes The Canterbury DHB Covid-19 response executive lead Ralph La Salle "It would take months to vaccinate Group 3 in Canterbury as there were more than 170,000 eligible people". I wonder why Doctors and Pharmacists are not being allowed to do covid vaccinations if they choose to. I understand that we don't have covid in the community right now but having the most vulnerable vaccinated at a faster rate than at present would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by bellbird View Post
    I wonder why Doctors and Pharmacists are not being allowed to do covid vaccinations if they choose to.
    I believe GPs can do vaccinations but I wouldn't be surprised if the bureaucracy involved in setting it up makes it hardly worth while. Apart from anything else they have to have the proper refrigeration facilities for the vaccine.

Try today or tomorrow, after waiting for couple of weeks I did and got straight through on the Saturday and was offered a spot either on June 21st or the Sunday at a different place, which took, had the Vac on Sunday and was given a date June 22nd for the 2nd Jab. Mind you I live in Nelson.

Well, everything comes to he who waits (and waits...)
    I just tried again and got through almost immediately, and now have an appointment for 15 July.
    When the operator asked "is there anything else I can help with" I told him about the login issues and I could sense his eyes glazing over as I spoke. He said that some people had experienced problems and it "was probably something technical". -Well D'uh! He said he'd pass it on, but I very much doubt that I'll ever hear anything more.

He said that some people had experienced problems and it "was probably something technical". -Well D'uh! He said he'd pass it on, but I very much doubt that I'll ever hear anything more.
    Just Courious -- Did the email mention or suggest any particular Browser ??

Some places / Sites dont always work with every Browser. Sometimes Edge wont work as expected yet Chrome does, and the other way around as well.

Old guy

While it is probably quite legitimate, as mentioned by others, it is set up exactly the same way as a phishing scam which is rather a dumb way for them to present their request for people to book a jab. I delete any unsolicited emails and /or texts that look in the slightest bit dodgy. Now people are using this way to book in for jabs it makes it even more likely that some crook will jump in and take advantage of the unwary. As the Waikato DHB has recently proved Health Board IT systems are not as secure as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Just Curious -- Did the email mention or suggest any particular Browser ??

Some places / Sites don't always work with every Browser. Sometimes Edge wont work as expected yet Chrome does, and the other way around as well.
    The email certainly didn't say anything specific. I use FireFox, but I just tried with Edge and got the same "password reset error" result. I tried abridging the url to what seemed like a reasonable minimum and got the the Microsoft login page again. I just noticed that the url is "https://internal.immunisation.nmf.nz..." etc. Notice the "internal" - I wonder if some idiot has supplied an in-house url in error?

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    While it is probably quite legitimate
    I am now quite certain it was legitimate, and also totally incompetent.

Maybe they are telling you to get it at your own risk since its still in the trial phase just like the website