Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF??

Default Re: WTF??

A reminder notice from Vodafone is something new for this household!!.

Trying to remember how many takeovers there have been to arrive at this latest fiasco called Vodafone.

Always been a good payer with them all.

Company takeovers always involve too much being paid and they have to make up the shortfall.

Just like the article in this mornings The Press, billionaires don't pay their fair share of taxes. One even pays 75% of his income, bet he only takes a salary of $100.00 pa, so that's $75.00 tax, roffl and you know what the extra "f" means.

lurking

ps and who likes the new IRD PIE income tax returns format this year!!.

lurks.

Here’s another twist.

I was with Vodafail, simply because I was with with Clear which Vodafail purchased. Vodafail upgraded me to FO but the Fibre Optic that Vodafail supplied was only good for 30/20 on a good day, even though my plan was 100/20.

Anyway, age determined I needed to relocate to a place that was on the flat with no steps or stairs.

This in turn necessitated me to advise Service Providers of my change of address and Vodafail were asked to just do what ever was necessary along with appropriate dates.

Everyone else managed without any fuss but not Vodafail.

Firstly there wasn’t any FO, and then there was, but I would have to have ADSL to a box somewhere up the road and and then it would be FO.

After two weeks without Phone or Internet I was hooked on, but this required a “New Contract” that has an “Early Termination Fee”.

Now for the Twist.

I get a call from Trustpower, whom I have my electricity account with, and “Have we got a deal for You”. Give us your Broadband and Telephone, alongside your Power and we’ll give you FO, Unlimited Broadband, 100/20 speed, and, the cost of the Broadband and Telephone was less than Vodafail.

I then tell him I would love to do business with him, but there wasn’t any FO available, Vodafail had assured me. Back he comes with he could assure me there was, and Vodafail didn’t know what they were talking about.

Well, never let a chance go by, so, OK you’ve got a deal, do it, but don’t mess up.

And they did, without any Drama at all and I get 100/20 Broadband on exactly the same computers that could only deliver 30/20 with Vodafail.

But wait, there’s more, Vodafail tried to do me for the “Early Termination” fee ($160) I think, so I had to explain to them that they had a better show of seeing a “Snow Fight in Hell” than getting another cent out of me.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I understand about late fees which I agree are exorbitant. It seems I am unusual in that I have always ( 15 years ) found Vodafone very helpful to my needs such as suggesting am alternative plan with more data for no extra cost. They have even phoned me to follow up on a comment I made in one of their surveys It must be my "charming" personality -- stop rolling around the floor with laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

I was with Vodafail, simply because I was with with Clear which Vodafail purchased.

Anyway, age determined I needed to relocate to a place that was on the flat with no steps or stairs.

Everyone else managed without any fuss but not Vodafail.
    After two weeks without Phone or Internet I was hooked on, but this required a “New Contract” that has an “Early Termination Fee”.

I get a call from Trustpower, whom I have my electricity account with, and “Have we got a deal for You”. Give us your Broadband and Telephone, alongside your Power and we’ll give you FO, Unlimited Broadband, 100/20 speed, and, the cost of the Broadband and Telephone was less than Vodafail.

Without any Drama at all and I get 100/20 Broadband on exactly the same computers that could only deliver 30/20 with Vodafail.

But wait, there’s more, Vodafail tried to do me for the “Early Termination” fee ($160) )
    Trustpower are not cheap for power and again this year got the worst rating for customer service.

I inherited Vodafne from Ihug.
    They did not connect me when I moved, they had no record of it even...despite me having rung TWICE to arrange it.

Spark connected me the same day, both phone and net.

I also had issues with cellphone, I was ringing them on husbands cell as they stopped mine. Why? Hadn't paid they said, prove I did, well I couldn't, having no net then because of them.

So OK sorted after Spark got me connected but then they charged me, on final bill, a bunch of calls to husbands cell from old landline, funnily enough at the EXACT times I was talking to them on his cell.

They wiped those but I was highly suspicious of their practices.

they messed up again later with cell so changed that to Spark too.
    Mysterious texts and calls to Ireland of all places appeared on final bill...oh really.

I threatened to complain and they backtracked on that too.

Never again. Ever.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Trustpower are not cheap for power and again this year got the worst rating for customer service.

I inherited Vodafne from Ihug.
    They did not connect me when I moved, they had no record of it even...despite me having rung TWICE to arrange it.

Spark connected me the same day, both phone and net.

I also had issues with cellphone, I was ringing them on husbands cell as they stopped mine. Why? Hadn't paid they said, prove I did, well I couldn't, having no net then because of them.

So OK sorted after Spark got me connected but then they charged me, on final bill, a bunch of calls to husbands cell from old landline, funnily enough at the EXACT times I was talking to them on his cell.

They wiped those but I was highly suspicious of their practices.

they messed up again later with cell so changed that to Spark too.
    Mysterious texts and calls to Ireland of all places appeared on final bill...oh really.

I threatened to complain and they backtracked on that too.

Never again. Ever.
    iHug now that brings back memories

bit off topic but all those old ISPs that got sucked up and bought out

We changed pretty often over the years growing up, I think we started with xtra, then went to ZFREE (it was free if you could connect lol), then clear, then they changed to telstraclear, and stayed with them until kiwionline came out.

I can still hear mum screaming GET OFF THE BLOODY INTERNET whenever she wanted to make a phone call lol.

Good times

TelstraClear...there's a blast from the past. Had them for years, never found out what their service was like because nothing ever went wrong.

Telecom used to send pretty girls around trying to get our business. I'd show them the bill and ask if they'd match it? Answer was always No.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    TelstraClear...there's a blast from the past. Had them for years, never found out what their service was like because nothing ever went wrong.

Telecom used to send pretty girls around trying to get our business. I'd show them the bill and ask if they'd match it? Answer was always No.
    Holy crap we had similar sales people too, trying to sell us unlimited dialup for $40 a month when clear did it for $30

and telecom wondered why everyone thought they were bastards lol

Yes, I had no trouble with Clear (TelstraClear) either but the irony is that before them I was with kinect (Trustpower) whom I’m with again.

I had a run-in with kinect because I couldn’t download my E-Mail when in Aus. I could read the Webmail, but couldn’t download it. Not much use if you have been given directions but can’t read them if you have no coverage, and that isn’t hard in Aus.

Kinect’s Webmaster informed me he wasn’t changing the security of his webmail to accommodate me, and I informed him he’d better ask the others how they did it and went to TelstraClear where I never had a problem until Vodafail took over.

So far so good with Trustpower, but they’re for sale, so here we go again.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    TelstraClear...s, never found out what their service was like because nothing ever went wrong.
    LOL.
    I worked there for a week once.

At the time they were on CloseUp with mark Sainsbury, and ongoing report....ongoing stories about billing and various telecoms problems people were getting.

Well I found out why.
    I was told I would solve problems from start to end and fix issues. Very impressed with my experience they said. Like people who "took ownership" they said.

Turned out we got "trained" to enter mysterious codes....if you got XYC error on your handed out list - you entered ABC sort of thing.
    What does that do I asked? You don't need to know was the response.

So after 2 days of entering this, suddenly we were told it was wrong and now we should enter DEF.
    Day after that, oops, no it's GHI.

Also I had a whole bunch of codes I had not been told what to enter for...ask so and so I was told. So and so didn't know.
    Ask the other one...so I did, at lunchtime when we were on our own.
    She burst into tears. Why I said? No idea what she was doing, hated it, couldn't leave, needed the money, hadn't been able to get other work (she was an immigrant) etc.

I went to the higher ups. Must do better I was told, previous lot were made redundant after embarrassing news stories I was told.
    But I said..no-one knows wtf they're doing. Crazy way to run a telecoms business I said. Notes were written on my file, I was now the bad one.

I investigated further, poked around in the system. One thing I found (in the helpdesk peoples notes) was if someone quit, you disconnected services but NOT billing until they complained. This was policy and one of the things on TV at the time....

Also tons of notes about how certain "fixes" were causing more issues and so on.

I told them on the Friday I wasn't coming back and didn't.

Not long after that they quit NZ.
    Last edited by piroska; 16-06-2021 at 08:57 AM.
    Ex-pctek