Default Lenovo E15 laptop Audio failed Again

I am frustrated at non determination of root cause.

Monday 3pm I was listening to music on PC -fine. 7pm I sat down to watch a DVD -no sound yet volume level showed 70%
    Then the dreaded red cross appeared by speaker icon on task bar-“No audio device detected”
    I tried all the standard “fixes” Windows Audio End Point , System Restore etc – no change.
    I even redownloaded from Lenovo site the Synaptics Audio Driver version even though that had previously been installed and “Driver is up to date “ shown.
    The only one I did not know how to do was Code 45 “ -the Driver is there but not connected to Pc” or similar error message.
    I did not know how to do the “reconnect:" process.
    I emailed Lenovo Support tis morning - -“phone now” ,got a message to say calling shortly.
    No call back. I had a seminar in town at 5:30pm. So turned off PC - left., Got back about 8pm had a quick light meal.

Then turned PC back on -lo and behold audio is back again - so I have just watched a DVD.

Any comments from wiser heads in the forum?

Old guy

Default Re: Lenovo E15 laptop Audio failed Again

I usually try the restart procedure first before looking for other fixes. It often works.

No audio device detected
    Is the 1st hint. If it does it again, look in the device manager to see if there's a Audio device showing / listed or if there's an explanation Mark on the Audio.

If there's no Audio device then its possible there is a faulty Connection or part. To test that you plug in a set of External speakers and see if they pick up. Seen quite a few times even with external Speakers in the 3mm socket not detected, this is normally caused by the sensor in the socket either broken or jammed in the off position.

Edited: Assume you have tried what Lenovo Suggests ? https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/nz/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e15-type-20rd-20re/solutions/ht510392-audio-device-missing-or-cannot-find-audio-device
    Last edited by wainuitech; 09-06-2021 at 07:21 AM.

To try and resolve it -- These are the things I would do myself automatically, BUT That's my job Work Through 1 at a time. https://windowsreport.com/fix-hardwa...cted-error-45/ As it says near the end ( and I mentioned last post)
    If you are still experiencing the code 45 error problem after trying all the fixes above, it is most likely that the device may be faulty.
    If its still not working then Lenovo would say do a fresh install just in case its corruptions - if still not working on a fresh install its more than likely hardware damaged/broken or intermittent fault.

Another Page , similar to above https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...evice-manager/ BUT ignore the Last option - Driver Easy suggestion ( Fix 7).
    Last edited by wainuitech; 09-06-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Try a CLEAN install of Win10.

laptops are often riddled with the manufactures un-needed bloatware . That can sometimes cause issues , actually stopping some devices (eg cam) from working with apps .