Default Outlook 2016 ask for password???

I have outlook set up with my hotmail and gmail account. I have never had any problem but in the last few days when i down load my messages i get a message from google showing my gmail account asking for my password which i need to input then goes to another box asking my permission to allow apps and services for me to approve.

Why is this asking me as i never had problem with my gmail account download before

Default Re: Outlook 2016 ask for password???

Get them all the time from GMail, Yahoo and Hotmail. Good practice for remembering all their passwords etc.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenrossvanduyn View Post
    Why is this asking me as i never had problem with my gmail account download before
    Often its because one of the two (either Gmail or Outlook) have changed security or some settings someplace.

"Sometimes" if you are using an older Email Client (outlook 2016) Google says its to insecure and to old to work correctly.

You can always try turning on allow less secure apps in your online gmail account settings. Sometimes if enable two-factor Authentication is on that can also cause problems.

Outlook 2016 is getting old and may be causing problems with Gmail.(thats Gmail causing the problem not Outlook) Even had Gmail a couple of times say Outlook 365 was to old, For F***K sake its not it was the latest version out, then a few days later Google fix the mail

You can also try setting your gmail account to allow the PC, scroll down to "Google Accounts and Two-Factor Authentication" in the following link https://theitbros.com/configure-gmai...-outlook-2016/ That explains how to do it.

Note: the Article is from last year so knowing Google, god knows if any settings have changed ?
    Last edited by wainuitech; 02-06-2021 at 05:00 PM.

I'm getting the same thing - I'm using Office 365 so Outlook is definitely up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post
    I'm getting the same thing - I'm using Office 365 so Outlook is definitely up to date.
    Looks like its similar to what I posted earlier. Just tried to add one of my gmail accounts, wouldn't work, so went hunting in the gmail account.

Google blocked AGAIN - looks like the problem is with Google /gmail.

Google blocked the app that you were trying to use because it doesn't meet our security standards.
    Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks. Google will automatically turn this setting OFF if it's not being used.
    Well sorry google -- But you cant get any more upto date !!! Google are Damn idiots.

Even of you turn ON access for 'insure apps' , google sometimes turns that off some time later .
    You wont know untill your email stops coming in / going out .

google & MS are competitors for email hosting , so not a surprise if the 2 don't work well together .

Default Re: Outlook 2016 ask for passworld via google

aClick image for larger version. 

Name:	account.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	10935