Angry Al Brown - legendry cook - I don't think so!

You will have seen the New World ad where they say "Al Brown, legendary cook." Lengendary? I don't think so. He's that legendary that I had never heard of him until they began playing that ad. So it does not seem that he's all that legendary. Besides, you have to have been doing what you do for some time and be VERY successful before you become a legend.

So I wonder how many others are the same as me and have never heard of him until now? Surely I can't be the only one.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

curmudgeon

Default Re: Al Brown - legendry cook - I don't think so!

Obviously your culinary tastes do not extend beyond KFC but Al Brown is an extremely well known Chef tv presenter and author. For a brief outline of his CV, see https://media.newzealand.com/en/stor...chef-al-brown/

Older by the minute

Sorry that you have been in the wilderness for sometime Roscoe. Al Brown is very well known. Had an extremely popular Wellington restaurant and then moved to Auckland where he is also highly thought of!

Al Brown is a well known chef and TV celeb with his cooking shows/appearances/book publications. He has products in the supermarkets too.

He is into his hunting/fishing and wild life cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Al Brown is a well known chef and TV celeb with his cooking shows/appearances/book publications. He has products in the supermarkets too.

He is into his hunting/fishing and wild life cooking.
    But then I am not into cooking, I am into eating and I'm lucky to have a great cook in SWMBO so I have no interest in watching TV cooking shows, I don't do the shopping so I don't go to supermarkets and I don't do hunting and fishing.

But what do you have to do to become legendary? I think you need to be as well known as The Beatles, Elvis Presley or the Queen - they are legendary - but only known in NZ and known to people who enjoy cooking and cooking shows? No. I don't think that's legendary.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post

So I wonder how many others are the same as me and have never heard of him until now? Surely I can't be the only one.
    Well I recognise his pic (had a look) but he's not on my I know of him list especially.

I was thinking of
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_Brown

When I saw this thread.

That guy I like to watch! Not so much here's a recipe...more here's a technique and Is This Kitchen Myth true or not, let me try it out...
    Examples: How to make a smoker and use one episode was great. And washing mushrooms, do they really absorb water (no).
    Ex-pctek