Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: pc random power loss

Yeah I could never hope to give you every detail, the Blue ray drive is older than the PC and I have no Idea by how much. I re-used it from another PC. When I built the PC I had no intention of having an optical drive in it, but eventually I caved and put it in.

Thanks Wainui, I'm well aware the F variants have no GPU - Neither does the 5600X I was comparing it to. The point is an 11400 or 11400F has very similar performance to a 5600X and costs so much less you can get a motherboard and CPU for the price of just the 5600X. (the price difference between the F and non F isn't that big either)
    I built my 2700X based machine intending to take advantage of AMD keeping the socket by upgrading the CPU a couple years later, but now that the socket has reached it's last generation it turns out replacing the motherboard still makes more sense than a CPU upgrade. So much for that plan.

Integrated graphics is occasionally handy but on a gaming machine they are not really a feature I look for. I have a spare GT710 and GT1030 floating around if I need them, although it's tempting to try selling the 1030 with current insane prices.

In other news the PC has been stable and reliable since sunday night.

Edit, just a comment. I suspect I knocked the Sata cable lose while swapping the PSU. It was a frustrating job to accomplish inside the case and I was not enjoying trying to get my big hands in there. The old PSU was modular and had longer cables some of which I attached before installing the motherboard originally.
    Last edited by dugimodo; 01-06-2021 at 11:22 PM.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Default Re: pc random power loss

Yeah I could never hope to give you every detail, the Blue ray drive is older than the PC and I have no Idea by how much. I re-used it from another PC.
    Don't worry, I know no one can give all details on here, if they did it would be a novel and no one would read it

Just confirming what I posted earlier, sometimes its one small detail that's not given, that may not even seem relevant that can be the cause of all problems.

I'm similar, This PC in the office had a Blu-ray Writer that was in the original PC before hand, only just replaced it a couple of months ago as it started playing up. Its a chance the Original Blu-Ray in your computer was older tech, lower Spec, than new components.

In other news the PC has been stable and reliable since sunday night.
    That's good news, problem solved or at least resolved.