Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New ISP

Default New ISP

We're just changing from Voyager to SKy Broadband.
    $79 if you are a Sky customer. (And yes we're happy with that)

There is an dd on for phone, my mum likes the landline, so $99 in total. It will allow unlimited free calls to mobile which we don't get with Voyager.

Makes it a tiny bit cheaper than Voyager too.

And finally I'll be able to plug the phone back into the ONT instead of modem, which is a weird method Voyager uses.

Geekzone has a discussion if anyone cares to look.
    Ex-pctek

Default Re: New ISP

We have just had the final two Vodafone VOD-TP Links installed.

Yet to run speedtest to see how it compares.

Latest Vod account to hand and what an abortion of a document!!.

Once a free landline now becomes you pay for everything, calls to cellphones, home phone and national calling, caller display and the SuperWIFI mesh device.

Oh well, we should have expected that, as the lady over the road has the extra TV linked as well and has to ring about her account always being wrong.

lurking.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
    We have just had the final two Vodafone VOD-TP Links installed.

Yet to run speedtest to see how it compares.

Latest Vod account to hand and what an abortion of a document!!.

Once a free landline now becomes you pay for everything, calls to cellphones, home phone and national calling, caller display and the SuperWIFI mesh device.

Oh well, we should have expected that, as the lady over the road has the extra TV linked as well and has to ring about her account always being wrong.

lurking.
    You poor bugger having to deal with Vodafone.

I couldn’t even give them 1:10 for my time with them.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Well they're quick. Scheduled to be up and running on Friday...router has arrived today.
    Pamphlet is to the point, super easy to follow (with pics) and minimal. No complicated anything.....so good for newbies or the IT challenged.

I'd say even my mum would be able to follow it.

So far so good, just to see how it is after connected.
    Ex-pctek

Sky BB is OK I guess if you already have a Sky Account for TV. If its just straight BB then of course you either have to use Freeview or one of the other subscription services for more content.

I'll stick with Vodafone thanks Works fine, has the TV x2, unlimited internet at an average of 700+ Mbps, Phones (VOIP) and a list to long to remember of extras, all for $162 / month.

What MANY don't know is Vodafone was sold a while back, and the service is generally better now. Last few times I have had to call them for customers (only once for myself when we changed the Phones) they have answered with in 2-3 rings. There's a "trick" to making sure things get done - Write down the persons name you are talking to and make sure they know it - as I said one time " if this isn't sorted as discussed we know who to blame"

Old guy

I have been with Vodafone since they bought out Bell South late last century for Mobile phones and also for my BB for the past several years. I have yet to have a problem with them.

Have to get you "fellas'" to sort out our lady over the road, doesn't have a computer, but, we think her family had bought her one of those smart phones, which apparently does mimic a computer.

She turned 80 over the weekend and has never had anything to do with modern technology. Can't blame her in the least, but she could sure use a sewing machine in her day.

lurking.

The lady may not care, my mum doesn't. She has got a tablet, mainly for her church stuff and uses it to read stuff or watch a video, with help usually as she tends to press it like she's hammering nails.

Seven Sharp last night was going on about the death of landlines, not copper, by 2024.
    Husband would have been horrified, for an ex-Telecom person he was a bit of a luddite.

But yeah, who needs it anymore, it's just a scammer device. I'm sure my mum could ring people on an old school cellphone OK.
    Ex-pctek

But yeah, who needs it anymore, it's just a scammer device
    Businesses use them. The price of using a phone, VOIP, is way cheaper than a mobile that can be misplaced etc. And whose going to pay for them ?? The price of mobiles is ridiculous.

The price of calls / Plans will HAVE to drop as well, there's many people who wont call a mobile as its to expensive.

What about places that don't have mobile coverage ?? Still plenty of those areas about.