Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Photo programme for Windows 10

I have put together a video from the photos off my camera and it's nearly finished apart from the musical soundtrack.

I made up a musical soundtrack using Audacity, I looked at the length of my video and edited the time on the music to match the time on the video, but something went wrong as it appears the soundtrack is too long as it ends suddenly rather than fades out as I edited the soundtrack. So what I would like to do is remove the soundtrack, redo the length of the soundtrack and then put it back. Unfortunately there does not seem to be an "undo" so I don't know how to do that.

Your help is appreciated.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Default Re: Photo programme for Windows 10

Edit the audio so that it is the same length as the video, the add a "Fade to Silence" effect to the audio track in Audacity so that the audio fades as you get to the end of the video... say the last 5s or so...

Ryzen 5 5600X
    Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wi-fi
    Corsair Hydro H100x
    32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
    WD 512GB M.2 PCI-E 4 NVMe
    WD 1TB M.2 PCI-E 4 NVMe
    Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
    Corsair RMx 850W

Go to the windows store, install Movie Maker, This link will open the store when clicking on Get. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mo...ot:overviewtab

You can add the video, add the music,and adjust the fade in, fade out, length to suit.

Its an updated version to the Movie maker on Windows 7, Which I have the Complet einstall file if you want it. ( I think I still got it)

Thank you, Wainui. I have done everything in the video and all the pictures are alright, but the soundtrack is not. What I need to know is how do I delete the soundtrack that I have put there so I can put in a corrected soundtrack.

But that's what I have done, that which you said, I have added the music but it is not quite right and I need to redo it but I don't know how to get rid of the soundtrack I added. Do you have any idea how I can redo the soundtrack?

Installing Movie Maker may be alright but I have spent all afternoon putting the video together and I really don't want to do it again.

Okay - bit of a fupa on That program, only saw it last night just before going to bed, apparently you cant save the Project unless you buy the Pro Version I often used Windows Movie Maker ( Win 7)

BUT the inbuilt Windows photo viewer you can make a complete Slideshow(that's what it is - pictures with music) and save that as a MP4. The music adjusts to the Pictures or you can adjust the length of how long each picture shows, meaning if the music plays for 5 minutes, and you only have 5 pictures each picture will display 1 minute, have 10 pictures then 30 seconds, the more pictures you have the less time displayed.

Really you have done it the hard way by making a video from pictures first, then trying to get music to sync. Its easier to do it the other way around, unless you crop the Audio.

I'll look and see what other programs will do it, I have plenty as done quiet a few like you have made

OK found a Program - my Fav Software company -- Ashampoo. How Many Pictures do you have ?? I can show how to use it

Thank you, Wainui. I have 253 pictures plus 2 or 3 short (29secs or so) videos.

My main problem was that although I had made up a music track for the video, I made a miscalculation and the music track was too long, so what I wanted to do was delete the track and replace it with a shorter one. What I found out after some playing around is that there is no need to delete the music track. All I need do is put in another soundtrack which overrides the existing track and I don't have to fade it down at the end - it does that automatically. So it all worked out in the end.

But I do have some other pictures that I would like to do the same with - a trip down to the S.I. - and so I would be interested in seeing the programme that you have. Thanks for that.

The program I used is Ashampoo Slideshow Studio 2017.

You can download it from http://net-load.com/giveaway-ashampo...-0-7-for-free/ Click on the Link " download. Dont worry about the licence from that site, when in stalling it will pop up a window and it will say Get free Licence ( similar wording)_ its the same as the licence link on that page. You have to enter a Email address etc, but its free.

From What I can see its limited to 50 Pictures - But within the settings ( have a play) you can adjust many things including all sorts of transformations.

Very Quick Video I made showing creating - You should be able to hear the tune when playing, ( if not I can upload and supply a link to download) it only plays for a few frames of the finished product. Obviously very rough and quick so maybe good to have a play with ??

The Video ----- https://streamable.com/rl6djx

Edited: theres no sound while creating.

Demo Created with Ashampoo Snap - Free Version ( Screen capture)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 11-05-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Re Member

Thanks for that wainuitech.Great demo.