Default PureVPN problems

This vpn has worked fine for me in the past but lately it won't connect on either my PC Android tablet or laptop.I've done everything I can think of to remedy.Uninstall/
    Re install,change protocols incuding those on my modem(spark H659b).Swapped modem,tested on my mobile all to no avail.Messaged the Vpn helpdesk but only get re install and protocol advice which i have already done.I'm beginning to think their NZ servers no longer exist.Also I tried a "free vpn (Tunnel Bear) & that works. So is it me? Spark? or PureVPN? (And yes my subscription is paid up!!) Suggestions appreciated

Default Re: PureVPN problems

Just looking back at several reviews of PureVPN one common negative is it not working / connecting, so seems its a non fixed fault.

There are several things you can try according to https://www.vpnranks.com/reviews/purevpn/not-working/ (Esp #6) But if other VPN's are working it could simply be a unstable program.

Might be better to get a more reliable VPN heres a review from earlier this year 5th March -- I certainly wouldn't be using it, look at the CONS https://restoreprivacy.com/vpn/reviews/purevpn/ if you are going to use a VPN you don't want one that logs your activities. They state they dont but then got caught doing just that - so can you trust them ?
    Last edited by wainuitech; 07-05-2021 at 02:17 PM.

"PureVPN is an example of a VPN that was caught logging user data and handing this data over to the FBI."

ah, not so private after all

I have to ask, just what are you using it for.
    I cant think of any good reasons for a home user , aprt from online banking when overseas & netflix .

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    "PureVPN is an example of a VPN that was caught logging user data and handing this data over to the FBI."

ah, not so private after all

I have to ask, just what are you using it for.
    I cant think of any good reasons for a home user , aprt from online banking when overseas & netflix .
    I think the answer is here...though epic fail on your VPN provider handing over your data.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

Ryzen 5 5600X
    Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wi-fi
    Corsair Hydro H100x
    32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
    WD 512GB M.2 PCI-E 4 NVMe
    WD 1TB M.2 PCI-E 4 NVMe
    Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3070 Ti Master
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
    Corsair RMx 850W