Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old guy

Default Re: Separatism by Stealth

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    "
    btw , separatism has been around since day one.
    And its still around , Why single out Maori to vent at ?
    females , poor, sick , unemployed , old : all get special treatment (good and bad) that the general population arnt allowed or cant access .
    Maybe because it is activist educated part Maori who are making all the noise.

I am quite certain that the majority of New Zealanders of any race have no desire to go down separate paths.

Sure, but they were here first.
    Firstly, to be indigenous does not mean that they were here first, to be indigenous is to be originating in and characteristic of a particular region or country. As I said, they were not.

Secondly, they were not here first. Once again, their own stories tell how the Mori Oris were here first and they fought and killed them all except for a few that escaped to the Chatham Islands.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Bleakly Optomistic

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Firstly, to be indigenous does not mean that they were here first, to be indigenous is to be originating in and characteristic of a particular region or country. As I said, they were not.

Secondly, they were not here first. Once again, their own stories tell how the Mori Oris were here first and they fought and killed them all except for a few that escaped to the Chatham Islands.
    but we don't have any/many stories of their previous history. Basically, their story seems to have started here in New Zealand, ignoring the clashing origin stories which may or may not have been true.
    And I'm only slightly used to hearing and understanding maori. Not sure I could handle learning mori ori too. Now I'm sounding like a racist caveman. Back to my lion red quarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post

I agree Roscoe.

Further, by their own admission they came in Canoes, so is it not reasonable to deduct they came from somewhere else, just like the rest of us?

And what goes on HERE?

Why would our government embargo their own archaeologists findings?

Further, there are no “Full Blooded” Maori alive, they are all cross-bred the same as the rest of us.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

The links that are posted here are really interesting, so is this thread. I think I am ready for a political thread.

Bleakly Optomistic

Quote Originally Posted by DrNum View Post
    The links that are posted here are really interesting, so is this thread. I think I am ready for a political thread.
    You mean Pressf1 war lol

There is another twist to the story of who was first in NZ that some of our Geriatrics may be able to throw more light on. Google has not been helpful.

Now my recollection is that back in the late 1960’s the wreck of a Chinese Junk was found just off the West Coast of Northland. My Recollection is that it was found by a small group of divers of which Kelly Tarlton was one.

Nothing much was made of it at the time, but a few divers used to discuss the matter.

Now whilst searching for more detail I came across another link on a Facebook page which takes the matter of the findings in the Waipua Forest further raising the question of why the Government would fund a Archaeological search to the tune of $500,000 and then embargo the findings.

Could it be that some of those on the Chinese Junk were washed ashore alive after their ship foundered and it was they that are the subject of the Archaeological findings which would throw a right spanner in the works when it comes to Maoridom claims.

Here’s the link to the Facebook article.

I’m not a member of Facebook so some of you who are may be able to delve further.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Sure, but they were here first.
    And then they had some local wars & stole land off each other , and enslaved/killed/ate each other .
    And then whitety came along & stole land from them.

Turns out they originally came from Asia anyway , then migrated to the pacific .
    There is a region in asia where they look similar to some Maori tribes & have a similar local language , I cant remember where exactly .
    They were absolutely not first the Maororis were and the Maoris came later and killed them. However things are looking brighter an influx of Chinese and Indian immigrants to NZ has already swamped the numbers of Maoris in NZ. When they become a majority the fightback will start these immigrants couldn't give a toss about Waitangi and things will change.
    Last edited by prefect; 06-05-2021 at 05:59 PM.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.