Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 91
  1. #71
    Senior Member baabits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    too far away
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    If you are going to make a claim that the majority are in support of anything you have to give a reference to the survey that says that including who was surveyed and by who. Otherwise it looks like you are making it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    Utter crap. Granted I've only lived here for 55 years, but I've never seen any evidence of that.

    However, I don't have evidence apart from residency to support my claim. What you got to support yours bro? If you live 'too far away' there's a good chance you might not know squat.
    Jesus I literally said Te Puni Kokiri did surveys on this. How hard is it to Google Te Puni Kokiri Survey Maori Language? Just like macrons one wouldn't take initiative because it's easier just to say someone is making **** up when the facts don't agree with you.

    Here it is on a silver platter:

    https://www.tpk.govt.nz/en/a-matou-m...tudes/online/5

    Take that good chance that I don't know squat and shove it, I actually have facts to support my opinion bro, because I actually take the time to learn about things before I start spouting off about them, and don't base my opinions on a warped world view based on 55 years in the 'nui.
    Last edited by baabits; 01-05-2021 at 08:33 AM.

  2. #72
    Seasoned Member allblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 'Nui
    Posts
    1,918

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    Jesus I literally said Te Puni Kokiri did surveys on this
    bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahaha ....

    ... and there's your credibility gone.

    TPK "facts" for crissakes???

    I'm bored with you now.

    ps: 6 years in the 'Nui. But yeah, sometimes that's how life pans out.

  3. #73
    Senior Member baabits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    too far away
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahabahahahaha hahahahaha ....

    ... and there's your credibility gone.

    TPK "facts" for crissakes???

    I'm bored with you now.

    ps: 6 years in the 'Nui. But yeah, sometimes that's how life pans out.
    Bored with me? That's a good cop out, if your only retort is to is to laugh like a child and not present any counter evidence besides your warped world view and say boohoo TPK then... I can see why you would want to end there. Sweet as bro.

    The rest of us will keep moving forward, I do hope you'll join us one day, even if there's fat chance of that happening.

  4. #74

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    Bored with me? That's a good cop out, if your only retort is to is to laugh like a child and not present any counter evidence besides your warped world view and say boohoo TPK then... I can see why you would want to end there. Sweet as bro.

    The rest of us will keep moving forward, I do hope you'll join us one day, even if there's fat chance of that happening.
    It's a bit sad that this thread has sunk to trading insults. Why can't you two discuss the topic in a civilised manner?

    And all I was saying that I object to having maori on TVNZ forced on me when I have no idea what they are saying and I have absolutely no interest in the maori languague, as I suspect the majority of New Zealanders do not understand it either.

    And I don't think that, in your unsubstantiated surveys, 64% and 59% are a majority and although 85% is coming close, that is still not a majority. But that's still not the point. I'm not saying that there is no support for the maori languague - that may or not be true - what I am saying, and I reiterate, that I have no interest in the languague or anything maori. I am NZ European and English is my languague. If I want to become bilingual I will learn a useful languague such as a European tongue that a majority of the world, not just little New Zealand, speak and understand. I know more French and German than I do maori and don't feel, as some in this thread have said, that because I live in New Zealand I should learn some maori. What for? It's of no use to me whatsoever. So bonjour and guten tag to you all.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

    Us husbands are a sorry lot.

  5. #75
    Senior Member baabits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    too far away
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    It's a bit sad that this thread has sunk to trading insults. Why can't you two discuss the topic in a civilised manner?

    And all I was saying that I object to having maori on TVNZ forced on me when I have no idea what they are saying and I have absolutely no interest in the maori languague, as I suspect the majority of New Zealanders do not understand it either.

    And I don't think that, in your unsubstantiated surveys, 64% and 59% are a majority and although 85% is coming close, that is still not a majority. But that's still not the point. I'm not saying that there is no support for the maori languague - that may or not be true - what I am saying, and I reiterate, that I have no interest in the languague or anything maori. I am NZ European and English is my languague. If I want to become bilingual I will learn a useful languague such as a European tongue that a majority of the world, not just little New Zealand, speak and understand. I know more French and German than I do maori and don't feel, as some in this thread have said, that because I live in New Zealand I should learn some maori. What for? It's of no use to me whatsoever. So bonjour and guten tag to you all.
    Hey, I give as good as I get. You can't deal with trolls in life without doing so, which is why I responded to allblack in the way I did. As for you, you're a hypocrite. You literally called this thread, my mother tongue, and one of our national languages a caveman language and then tried to justify it by saying what you meant was uncivilized. You might not think of it as a big deal but it is to me and obviously many others in the thread. So I stand by calling you everything I did.

    The meaning of a majority is literally the greater number. Anything over 50% is a majority, so no you're wrong, and yes 64% and 59% are a majority. We elect our governments this way, laws come in to affect this way, whoever crosses that threshold has the majority. The reason that it's important is because if a higher number support more Maori language in society then it's not far fetched to say that TVNZ and Simon Dallow are just following what the majority of the country want to see in society. They're not my unsubstantiated surveys, it's a government department collecting data, and similar studies by multiple organizations show similar results.

    You are New Zealand European, and that makes you a New Zealander. Maori is one of our national languages. You don't have to care about Maori at all, but you also sure as hell don't have to spit on it (again, the cave man thing, and I won't stop beating on it because you don't even have the decency to apologize for it). If you want to learn French or German then go ahead, but whining like a child that you don't want to hear Maori words when it's literally complaining either for the sake of complaining, or just because you don't like change, is immature and I would hope beyond you, though I'm not so sure now. Someone else put it best:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayess64 View Post
    The title of your post suggests that one way to solve your problem might be to re-calibrate the way you see the world and how other people live.

  6. #76
    Retired old codger kenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nhapier
    Posts
    5,882

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bogan View Post
    It is New Zealand. Not England. Why not mix the language?
    I am sort of thinking of fire, flood, tsunami or anything where it is necessary to inform all of the population clearly so all understand.

    Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

  7. #77
    Old guy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,015

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    Hey, I give as good as I get. You can't deal with trolls in life without doing so, which is why I responded to allblack in the way I did. As for you, you're a hypocrite. You literally called this thread, my mother tongue, and one of our national languages a caveman language and then tried to justify it by saying what you meant was uncivilized. You might not think of it as a big deal but it is to me and obviously many others in the thread. So I stand by calling you everything I did.

    The meaning of a majority is literally the greater number. Anything over 50% is a majority, so no you're wrong, and yes 64% and 59% are a majority. We elect our governments this way, laws come in to affect this way, whoever crosses that threshold has the majority. The reason that it's important is because if a higher number support more Maori language in society then it's not far fetched to say that TVNZ and Simon Dallow are just following what the majority of the country want to see in society. They're not my unsubstantiated surveys, it's a government department collecting data, and similar studies by multiple organizations show similar results.

    You are New Zealand European, and that makes you a New Zealander. Maori is one of our national languages. You don't have to care about Maori at all, but you also sure as hell don't have to spit on it (again, the cave man thing, and I won't stop beating on it because you don't even have the decency to apologize for it). If you want to learn French or German then go ahead, but whining like a child that you don't want to hear Maori words when it's literally complaining either for the sake of complaining, or just because you don't like change, is immature and I would hope beyond you, though I'm not so sure now. Someone else put it best:
    So long as an option agrees with yours that is ok? Anything else is wrong, racist or childish! I do not think so. Have a good read back of your posts you are at least as guilty of bias as anyone else in this thread.

  8. #78
    Senior Member baabits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    too far away
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    So long as an option agrees with yours that is ok? Anything else is wrong, racist or childish! I do not think so. Have a good read back of your posts you are at least as guilty of bias as anyone else in this thread.
    An opinion? I'm the only one who brought statistics to the table, to prove that the winds are changing out there. It's not bias, which is predominately considered to be unfair prejudice, but having to read incorrect information, insults to my mother tongue and straw man arguments by a bunch of people who are resistant to change, intolerant and are literally complaining about having to listen to what must total less than half a minute of another language in an hour long program in an initiative that, judging by the provided statistics, the majority of the country would support.

    Feel free to hold on to your opinions, I'm happy to die on a hill for mine. The ill will wouldn't exist if the thread was entitled something far more appropriate and then tried to be justified by someone calling my language uncivilized. The times are a changing, and the world will leave you behind, I hope you join the majority of us, but if not then godspeed to you.

    I'm done arguing this any further. Anything else would just be running round in circles. Have a great day/life.
    Last edited by baabits; 01-05-2021 at 11:41 AM.

  9. #79
    Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,060

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Thank Christ for that had enough of these apologists for the blacks.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

    Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

  10. #80

    Default Re: I have no use for a cave man language

    Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    Thank Christ for that had enough of these apologists for the blacks.
    I, too, am glad to get rid of him. He kept going on that I was against maori and their languague, but what I was saying that I object to having people like Simon Dallow forcing the languague on me and the rest of NZ when the majority of NZ does not understand what he is saying - and he's not the only one. I could go on but I think that the topic has just about been covered completely and I have got my point across.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

    Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Similar Threads

  1. Another Cave creek.
    By tut in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM
  2. Worlds largest cave
    By Gobe1 in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 26-04-2012, 07:32 AM
  3. Language Bar
    By bot in forum PressF1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-12-2009, 09:52 AM
  4. DVD Language.
    By Poppa John in forum PressF1
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-07-2008, 09:40 AM
  5. language bar in xp pro
    By tech501 in forum PressF1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •