Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default USB Video issue.....

A recent birthday pesent from family saw me complete a series of laps at Hampton Downs Raceway in a Lamborghini

A videotape of the event was professionally done and emailed to me, and subsequently downloaded by me onto my Win 10 Desktop.

The video plays perfectly on the desktop, so I loaded in onto a USB stick to play thru the TV.

My TV is a fairly new Panasonic Smart TV and plays other USB Videos without problems. However, this one plays upside down (180 degrees) and
    I haven't found a way to correct this. I downloaded this video onto a second USB stick that plays other videos ok but it didn"t correct it. I have been through the
    setup programs for the TV but can see nothing to help. Googling suggested going into the TV Setup, looking for "Orientation" to change from Portrait to Landscape
    but my TV Setup doesn"t have this option.

This is not a huge problem as I can view it per computer, but will continue to annoy as being a bit weird. Any thoughts...?

Older by the minute

Default Re: USB Video issue.....

Did you save the clip to the PC or did you just copy from one USB stick to another? If you did, try copying the video to the PC and then copy that to another USB stick and see if that works.

The original file was saved to my PC.

You can always rotate the Video, it should play on the TV the right way up then ( or worth a try) Suggest you make a copy 1st and then use that ( keeping Original out of the process)

Windows 10 has a inbuilt program you can use, have a read, the section "How to rotate a video in Windows 10 using the video editor in the Photos app" (scroll down the page a bit)

Just tried it on a 2 minute video, turned it upside down perfectly

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...ayer?r=AU&IR=T

Thanks again Wainui, for your time...

I followed the suggested steps, and after a few geriatric hiccups, managed to create myself a new "upside down copy." It plays "upside down" on the PC (as it should) but does not revert on the TV, i.e. it plays upside down there as well, status quo.
    I have retried another correct copy, but again the TV turns it to incorrect. Think I might just give this one a miss, bit too spooky for me.

Where there's a will there's a way-- Can you either Cast the Original Video from a Computer to the TV, OR connect a laptop to the TV Via HDMI and use the TV basically as a giant Monitor. That way there's several media Players you can use on a Windows PC.

Will give it a bit more thought and post if I get a result. Obvious;y anyone interested can viewit via the PC and my screen is reasonably sized. tks again.

Quote Originally Posted by bazmeister View Post
    A recent birthday present from family saw me complete a series of laps at Hampton Downs Raceway in a Lamborghini
    did you get to drive the Lambo ?
    if so , was it under supervision of a race instructor ?

Probably a codec issue, you could reencode the video to another format or even just invert it twice in the windows app and resave it. Seems to me if the upside down version plays correctly then the output of that program is working properly for the TV so flip it again and resave.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Can you either Cast the Original Video from a Computer to the TV,
    I'd do this. Chromecast is so easy.
    PCs are easy...they play anything..TVs are picky creatures.
    Ex-pctek