Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenges

Default Challenges

We all have our daily struggles. I wonder how do you get over it. The struggles that may be caused by anxiety, depression or just by the people around us. What do you do?

Default Re: Challenges

Get drunk or go hunting but never both together

Have a nice cuppa tea put some headphones on and have a lie down. Seriously, my struggles these days are all physical.

Ken

I make sure I blame everyone else for my lot in life, play the "mental health" card and then go on social media to get pity and have a givealittle page set up because even though I profess my issues are deep and traumatic, oddly enough they seem to disappear when the page hits $5k.

Have a talk to Sir John Kirwan.

He doesn’t come cheap I’m told, but he has all the answers.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

By not dwelling on them. And concentrating on the good parts of life instead.

So many people look at the issues, husband has got good at that....he can't do this and that...we don't have this or that now.

I say we live in a house, an owned house, a solid, roomy, made of good materials, house.
    We have plenty to eat, we have nice clothes, a decent car, we mostly do things we want, we're in ok health (ok, not great but hey there's always worse), we have friends to talk to.
    And even my mum, mostly things have settled, it's hard for her too, she had to get used to us, as well as we to her.
    we're not in debt, we haven't had any major disasters occur.
    We're not at war.
    No-one is shooting at us.
    And so on.

As I look after 3 people, all of whom , well, lets not go there, , I could have a whinge about it, but I point out the above...

It seems to me it must be a thing these days, it's always in the news, anxiety increased, people needing mental health help and so on.
    Even someone else I know closely, a young person apparently has anxiety.

I always thought that was just being a teen....some of it is just normal stuff, feeling anxious in front of large groups for instance...
    I don't know, maybe I'm not as sympathetic as I should be, or is it a bit of a thing?

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...e-psychologist

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...support-rising

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE20...ung-people.htm

I think unsocial media is part of it, all the bullshit pictures and stuff, my looks are awesome, I'm on holiday in amazing places and such, half (or more) of which is totally fake.
    The mania for posting pics and descriptions of all this stuff you are supposed to be doing, and comparing what everyone else is - supposedly - doing and - supposedly - owns.

And even if they are, we look in the wrong direction.
    Stop looking at the obscenely rich and instead look the other way, far, far more people live in real utter poverty, in warzones, in bad health without medical care and so on.
    And realise perhaps you are not so badly off after all.
    Last edited by piroska; 09-04-2021 at 07:45 PM.
    Ex-pctek

So true. As Gandhi once said....

"I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet." -

Always be grateful for what you have!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    So true. As Gandhi once said....

"I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet." -

Always be grateful for what you have!

Ken
    Very true, Ken. Have a look around you. There is always someone who is worse off than you. And do you notice? They are not complaining - and neither should we.

Count your blessings.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Great summary, piroska
    I too get anxious and sometimes over react but then half the time my anxiety or resentment is me overthinking things and brooding..
    Consciously mentally listing the positives in my own life is a great technique -"stop your whingeing you have so much to be thankful for e.g. having a good relationship with my (adult age) kids "

There are some things happening that I won't think about. I choose to think about the day as it happens, planted some new shrubs this morning, had a nice lunch....

Never mind the awful thing last night...but yep, things could be worse....and I picked a whole big bowl of raspberries this morning and another 3 passionfruit had dropped off, ready to eat...
    Ex-pctek