Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member bk T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    6,198

    Default Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    As my 10+ year-old monitor has called it a day, I decided to buy a new one.

    So, I went to Chemist Warehouse and bought a Omron HEM-7320. Took it home, unboxed it, inserted the battery, set the date and time, etc ...

    Wrapped the arm cuff around my arm, pressed the button. ... error

    Tried many times and it only works as and when it likes .... almost 5 out of 10 times, it gave errors....

    Took it back to Chemist warehouse the same day afternoon, they guy there tested it, and maybe he is lucky, it works OK..

    As a result of the test result, they refused my request to exchange for another model or a refund... Had a very nasty argument ... came back with the faulty item..


    What's your views /advice? Will CGA apply in this case? If so, how to go about?

  2. #2
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    7,820

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    As my 10+ year-old monitor has called it a day, I decided to buy a new one.

    So, I went to Chemist Warehouse and bought a Omron HEM-7320. Took it home, unboxed it, inserted the battery, set the date and time, etc ...

    Wrapped the arm cuff around my arm, pressed the button. ... error

    Tried many times and it only works as and when it likes .... almost 5 out of 10 times, it gave errors....

    Took it back to Chemist warehouse the same day afternoon, they guy there tested it, and maybe he is lucky, it works OK..

    As a result of the test result, they refused my request to exchange for another model or a refund... Had a very nasty argument ... came back with the faulty item..


    What's your views /advice? Will CGA apply in this case? If so, how to go about?
    The Omron Monitors are quite "Touchy" and will throw and Error message if you happen to move whilst it is working, the Artery Marking is not over the Artery, or the Cuff isn't completely plugged in.

    If you are going to your Doctor any time soon take it with you and check it against his. Not much point in having one that reads wrong even if it appears to be working.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

    I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

  3. #3
    Awaiting Enlightenment R2x1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Shore.
    Posts
    13,989

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    Chemist Warehouse is exactly the type of place I feel good about avoiding. That's just the way I feel, your mileage may/will vary. It's a triple win, I feel good when I think of the times I will avoid them, I enjoy that I am currently avoiding them, and I'm sure I will enjoy thinking back to the times I have avoided them in the past.
    A bit like some of the Aussie initiated chains in multiple fields like cameras, computers and furniture ad infinitum. You might save money on some of their deals, but it very often turned out that it was an extremely vexing and expensive way to "save" a buck. The staff might vary a lot in the depth of ignorance about technical matters, but they were amazingly consistent in their skill at avoiding support or warranty claims. The type of people that will reluctantly inform you that your blood pressure is faulty, after all you wouldn't want a monitor if all was joy and lightness in your cardiovascular system. Faulty blood is obviously not the responsibility of the merchant; my goodness me, no.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.



  4. #4

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    We would not go to Chemist Warehouse even if they are cheaper. We have been going to the same pharmacy for about the last 40 years and they have had the same owner for most of that time so it makes sense to stay where we are known.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

    Us husbands are a sorry lot.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kapiti Coast
    Posts
    2,022

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    As B.M. said they can be a bit touchy. My previous Omron very rarely gave the error problem but was getting old so I replaced it with the Omron HEM-7322.

    With the new machine I occasionally get the error if the cuff is placed incorrectly.

  6. #6
    Member bk T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    6,198

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    My good old Omron worked faithfully for me until recently. I calibrated it with the nurse at my GP's clinic.

    I don't know what to do with this new one, it's $179.99; practically can't be used..

    I phoned omron NZ the rude receptionist asked me to go back the Chemist Warehouse...

    I am trying find out how am I going to contact Chemist Warehouse's head Office, but Google lead me to nowhere...

    Regretted, Regretted, and Regretted......

  7. #7
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    7,820

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    My good old Omron worked faithfully for me until recently. I calibrated it with the nurse at my GP's clinic.

    I don't know what to do with this new one, it's $179.99; practically can't be used..

    I phoned omron NZ the rude receptionist asked me to go back the Chemist Warehouse...

    I am trying find out how am I going to contact Chemist Warehouse's head Office, but Google lead me to nowhere...

    Regretted, Regretted, and Regretted......
    Check that the Cuff size is correct. One size doesn't fit all, (or never used to).

    And when you say you calibrated your old one with the Nurse, how did you do that?
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

    I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    This is an interesting thread here. A lot of information present.

  9. #9
    Member bk T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    6,198

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Check that the Cuff size is correct. One size doesn't fit all, (or never used to).

    And when you say you calibrated your old one with the Nurse, how did you do that?
    Not this new one. It's my old monitor. I brought it to the clinic and check and make sure that my monitor have the similar (not exactly) reading as theirs at the clinic.

    The cuff size should fit my arm size, as mentioned in the user manual....

    It's more like a toy, just like long, long time ago, I bought an Omron ear-thermometer and was also like a toy, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I returned it to the Pharmacy (not Chemist Warehouse) where I bought it from and got back my refund.

    My verdict: never buy any Omron medical device.... at least not newer manufactured devices, esp those made in Vietnam ...


    My good old monitor was an exception....
    Last edited by bk T; 09-04-2021 at 05:08 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,111

    Default Re: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor -- Chemist Warehouse.

    I have used Chemist Warehouse - online as there isn't one here yet. Sadly.........
    They have been the cause of the $0 prescriptions - elsewhere, not here.

    However when I buy something I look first, which chemist has it cheapest.
    SOmetimes it's them, sometimes others.

    I research products like that first.............or even other stuff, eye drops lately, for instance.

    Take it back, speak to a manager, not staff and mention CGA.
    That usually works. If it doesn't there;s Disputes, I would do that.
    Ex-pctek

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 27-08-2015, 04:06 PM
  2. Blood stains on carpet
    By Greg in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 04:20 PM
  3. Donating Blood
    By xyz823 in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 12:17 AM
  4. Anyone here take blood pressure medication?
    By nofam in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 13-02-2009, 03:58 PM
  5. Are you a blood donor?
    By Tony in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 19-02-2006, 01:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •