Wink Features for Features sake?

QUOTE: "Our Brain Typically Overlooks This Brilliant Problem-Solving Strategy
    People often limit their creativity by continually adding new features to a design rather than removing existing ones"

To which I would add as long as they are not old but useful features!

Our household are getting sick of products that have features for features sake...not just in computer software and electronic devices like phones, computers etc, but also in ordinary household gadgets.

For example, we selected our last Microwave (narrowed down by size and brand) according to which had the FEWER features and saved a bundle in the process. And guess what it does all we want with a few features left over!

I anticipate that tech people will disagree with us? ;-)

SOURCE OF QUOTE
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ving-strategy/

Old guy

Default Re: Features for Features sake?

That makes sense. There is little point in paying for features that you don't want or need. Far to many people are more concerned with impressing their friends and neighbors. Latest car is on a lease, house bigger and in the best area but with a giant mortgage, holidays on a credit card. All looks great but it comes crashing down if the least little thing goes wrong.

Default Re: Features for Features sake?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Our household are getting sick of products that have features for features sake...not just in computer software and electronic devices like phones, computers etc, but also in ordinary household gadgets.

I anticipate that tech people will disagree with us? ;-)
    I'm a fan of KISS.
    I didn't get a smartphone for ages because I didn't want 90% of the crap they put on them, no need to internet 24/7 or walk around with my nose glued to it.

And reading Driven this morning
    https://www.driven.co.nz/advice/advi...s-on-new-cars/

Safety Exit Assist utilises the Blind Spot Monitoring system to lock a rear door when it detects the approach of a vehicle from behind. This helps to stop a rear seat occupant leaving the vehicle when there isn’t a safe gap in traffic. This should also prevent cyclists being hit by open car doors.

Right. I can see that in Auckland, you'd never get out of your car!!! Idiotic.

(Although I did quite like the camera thing..)
    BUt it's just more things to go wrong.......nightmare to fix cars these days.
    Ex-pctek