Default Bank statement downloads.

I have for some time now, downloaded our Mastercard statement (from Westpac), and also the relevant transactions, so that we can sort out who pays what. Recently neither will download, I rang Westpac, who could offer no reason or remedy. He emailed me the statement, but I would like to get back to the way it was. I don't think that anything has changed here, I am using MS Edge, we are on fibre. Windows is Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.867 64 bit. Processor is Intel Core i5 - 4460 3.2 GHz .

Can anyone suggest a remedy?

Default Re: Bank statement downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucem View Post
    I have for some time now, downloaded our Mastercard statement (from Westpac), and also the relevant transactions, so that we can sort out who pays what. Recently neither will download, I rang Westpac, who could offer no reason or remedy. He emailed me the statement, but I would like to get back to the way it was. I don't think that anything has changed here, I am using MS Edge, we are on fibre. Windows is Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.867 64 bit. Processor is Intel Core i5 - 4460 3.2 GHz .

Can anyone suggest a remedy?
    Try IE or chrome.

I work in this area a bit, providing a site for the download of PDFs...and have had issues with various browser versions not behaving and not honouring downloads (and in some cases reverting to cached).

Generally IE is the most stable. Chrome can be hit or miss, edge Legacy not too bad and Edge (Chromium) as bad as chrome.

Its a real pain in the backside that all these browsers now have internal PDF readers as well, which can be affected, and have their own code for what constitutes a PDF file....whereas in the old days, Adobe reader was the standard you'd aim for.

You probably need to let Westpac know your brower version details, as it can update fairly requestly nowadays, the last .xxx of the Edge version are the build number, up in the mid 100s
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

Do you get the popup relating to the statements to Select ?

Like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Statements.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	10845

If not check the Edge popup blocker is not blocking Westpac.

Depending on which version ( how upto Date it is) will depend on where the setting is.

It should show if a site has blocked items in the address bar, other wise (on the latest version of Edge) top right - 3 dots - Settings - In the search top left type ( or copy paste) Pop-ups and redirects , open it, and you can add exceptions or turn it off all together.

Yeah, they are a pain in the butt.

Had that happen a couple of times, ANZ Visa and Westpac Visa and having worked in the service trade, where personal contact is a must, we, bh and self, first went to ANZ, where the lovely officer "walked me" through the process and we printed off the statement, then off to Wespac and the same thing for bh.

Both banks told us when leaving to try logging in the next day and bingo, we were back to normal.

lurking.

ps. we use all the ISPs' but mainly Chrome. We think it must have been the credit card company, rofl.

lurks.

Thanks for the advice and comments, I used the ... then clicked "downloads", and they were both there, in fact several copies. It would of course be better if these showed up directly - is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Brucem View Post
    Thanks for the advice and comments, I used the ... then clicked "downloads", and they were both there, in fact several copies. It would of course be better if these showed up directly - is this possible?
    Westpac changed the way statements are delivered quite a while back. When Printing them off I used to simply print the whole page, but that doesn't work now, only shows a few.

So Now - Log into Account - Select the Account you want a statement for - Click Transaction Filters, select the dates you want from the drop down Calendars ( From & to) - Click APPLY FILTERS- print PDF - You can save the PDF or open/print.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westpac transactions.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	10853

FYI
    DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO LOGIN TO YOUR BANK

using and long gone, end of life, no longer patched, known security risk browser for banking . Just no . Unless you dont care .
    https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerabi...-Explorer.html
    https://windowsreport.com/internet-e...curity-issues/