Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The only white face in the team!

Our grandson plays cricket for the Eden-Roskill team in Auckland on a Saturday morning and he is really outnumbered - his is the only white face in the whole eleven.

But so far as children are concerned, it just does not matter. Everybody is just accepted as they are and he gets on very well with all the players which is good to see. I just wish that the rest of the world would get on as well as those boys do.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Default Re: The only white face in the team!

Except if it was an all White team.......................
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    You're not allowed to have an all white team, are you? I know you're allowed to have an all maori team made up of people who call themselves maori, but an all white team?

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    You're not allowed to have an all white team, are you? I know you're allowed to have an all maori team made up of people who call themselves maori, but an all white team?
    We must not loose sight of the fact there are NO Full Blooded Maori’s, (the last died some 75 years ago) and the ones that cause the most problems are the ones the carry the least Maori blood.

Take a look at the Surnames of the trouble makers and you’ll find most of them are European.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

Oh god, you've set BM off again......

Here:
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/desti...se-than-london

Auckland had been found to be more diverse than London, New York, Singapore

53.5 per cent of Aucklanders identified as European, 28.2 per cent as Asian, 15.5 per cent as Pacific, 11.5 per cent as Māori, 2.3 per cent as Middle Eastern, Latin American or African (MELAA), and 1.1 per cent as “other”.

In London, by contrast, 59.8 per cent identified as white, 18.5 per cent as Asian, 13.3 per cent as black, and 8.4 per cent as “other”.

Dubai, it must be said, was streets ahead in the report by the United Nations’ International Organisation for Migration, with a whopping 83 per cent of residents born overseas.

And that is why Akld was miles ahead in the number of other nation food shops, groceries, cultural events (chinese festival, diwali etc) than a lot of places in NZ.
    And cheaper.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    All Whites Soccer team ??
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Oh god, you've set BM off again......

Here:

53.5 per cent of Aucklanders identified as European, 28.2 per cent as Asian, 15.5 per cent as Pacific, 11.5 per cent as Māori, 2.3 per cent as Middle Eastern, Latin American or African (MELAA), and 1.1 per cent as “other”.

In London, by contrast, 59.8 per cent identified as white, 18.5 per cent as Asian, 13.3 per cent as black, and 8.4 per cent as “other”.

Dubai, it must be said, was streets ahead in the report by the United Nations’ International Organisation for Migration, with a whopping 83 per cent of residents born overseas.

And that is why Akld was miles ahead in the number of other nation food shops, groceries, cultural events (chinese festival, diwali etc) than a lot of places in NZ.
    And cheaper.
    This has been interesting to read. Thank you for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Here:

And just what has all that got to do with some Maori demanding to receive special treatment on the basis of Race?
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

What gets me is the TVNZ (in particular) pronunciation of maori words. The maoris do not have any written languague so the early colonists wrote it down for them and they wrote it down as they heard it, so surely they would have written "f" if that is what they heard, but no, they wrote down "wh" as in who and what and when. They wrote down "a" because they heard "a", not "uh", and so on, and because they are watched by so many, their strange pronunciation is catching on. It would be interesting to hear what the colonists had to say about it.

And, of course, the maoris had more than one dialect - it depended on which area you came from as to how you pronounced your words.

But, apart from it all, I don't have any issue with the individual maori. Most of the moari I have met have been very nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    What gets me is the TVNZ (in particular) pronunciation of maori words. The maoris do not have any written languague so the early colonists wrote it down for them and they wrote it down as they heard it, so surely they would have written "f" if that is what they heard, but no, they wrote down "wh" as in who and what and when. They wrote down "a" because they heard "a", not "uh", and so on, and because they are watched by so many, their strange pronunciation is catching on. It would be interesting to hear what the colonists had to say about it.

And, of course, the maoris had more than one dialect - it depended on which area you came from as to how you pronounced your words.

But, apart from it all, I don't have any issue with the individual maori. Most of the moari I have met have been very nice people.
    I totally agree with you Roscoe.

I grew up with Maori, went to school with them, worked with them, and made good friends with many of them.

The ones that get up my nose are the ones that are half-caste or less and think they are National Treasures.

Most of them are going, or went, to university and were given token qualifications for enrolling.

And for those who think I’m Racist, I am.

The only Race I take a special interest in is the “Human Race”.