Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior

Default Spark Sport takes Motogp from Sky. What!

I take back whatever I said about being happy with Sky and SkySport. The new Motogp season starts this weekend so I started searching the Sky guide for start times etc and nothing. Weird I thought. Eventually I discovered why. Apart from the cost to sign up to SparkSport I would need a Chromecast 3rd generation according to their website. (mine is 2nd). I'd have to stay with Sky if they continue to broadcast other motorsports I watch but probably won't know if any other deals have been made until the last minute as with Motogp.

Default Re: Spark Sport takes Motogp from Sky. What!

Thereís much better clients than a chromecast. None as cheap. But proper clients have remotes so feel like a much better experience than doing it all through your phone.

And of course they donít just do spark sport.

Senior

Thanks psycik. Not having a remote is certainly an issue so will check into other options. I wish we had been given an earlier heads up for those of us needing to sort out streaming options, costs etc

Quote Originally Posted by bellbird View Post
    Thanks psycik. Not having a remote is certainly an issue so will check into other options. I wish we had been given an earlier heads up for those of us needing to sort out streaming options, costs etc
    Given they been taking f1, a bunch of cricket, wrc, it surprising youíve only just now been affected. And apart from f1 which was the first main sport on the service, and had all the teething issues, they all come on very quickly. I guess itís assumed most people have some sort of strea,ing device now, for Netflix, on demand, you tube, Disney plus, Amazon etc.
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

I got rid of the Sky box and bought Spark's Sport pack at $49.99 That gives me Spark Sport and Sky Sport Now streamed. Have to be on Spark BB to get it though. Gives me all the sport I want!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    I got rid of the Sky box and bought Spark's Sport pack at $49.99 That gives me Spark Sport and Sky Sport Now streamed. Have to be on Spark BB to get it though. Gives me all the sport I want!

Ken
    To get it free you mean? Spark Sport works in all ISP (as does Sky Sport Now). Both are apps on an Apple TV (either the 4k or non 4k version). Possibly on the Vodafone TV box as welll...but you'd have to verify that claim.

These would be the two media streamers I'd consider replacing a chromecast with. Vodafone tv box is a streaming box that is android, and has most of the apps....then if you want (and don't have to) you can add teh Vodafone tv package to it....but i believe it's a very cabable and well supported box even without the vodafone tv package.

Ooops, meant to say only get the package with both or only Spark Sport. To get Sky, it has to be bundled with Spark Sport.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Senior

I've been working through my options albeit reluctantly because mostly all I want to do is pick up my remote and turn on the sky box and tv and I like the convenience MySky. I'm old school now I guess. Vodafone is not an option due to cost and I don't have fibre. If SkySport haven't picked up World Superbikes and British Superbikes I'll cancel it. In the meantime I'll get Spark Sport for now which looks like a monthly cost of $24.99 less their current offer of $5 per month credit for customers. I don't have Sky movies, Art or Rialto but usually find a movie or something on TVNZ on Demand to stream at the weekend so an upgrade to Chromecast 3 will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by bellbird View Post
    I've been working through my options albeit reluctantly because mostly all I want to do is pick up my remote and turn on the sky box and tv and I like the convenience MySky. I'm old school now I guess. Vodafone is not an option due to cost and I don't have fibre. If SkySport haven't picked up World Superbikes and British Superbikes I'll cancel it. In the meantime I'll get Spark Sport for now which looks like a monthly cost of $24.99 less their current offer of $5 per month credit for customers. I don't have Sky movies, Art or Rialto but usually find a movie or something on TVNZ on Demand to stream at the weekend so an upgrade to Chromecast 3 will be good.
    If "vodafone is not an option" is in reference to me talking about vodafone tv. There's Vodafone TV the package - which is the sky equivalent.....and there's a Vodefone TV device, which is a very capable streaming device with netflix, tvnz od demand apps. It more than likely has Spark Sport apps, I don't know about Sky Sport now...but it may. I thnk they retail for $199. An appltv will start at $250.

VoidMaster

Spam Post #4 reported
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche