Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Soaring like an Eagle gary67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a field in Hanmer
    Posts
    14,857

    Default Re: How to Drive in Auckland

    Everyone knows it's manoeuvre, mirror and if someone is looking indicate. It certainly is in Nelson, as is pootle to the end of a merging lane and if no gap stop.

  2. #12
    Seasoned Member allblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 'Nui
    Posts
    1,817

    Default Re: How to Drive in Auckland

    Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    as is pootle to the end of a merging lane and if no gap stop.
    That does my effing head in. 'Merge at motorway speeds' is foreign to too many idiots.

  3. #13
    Short Member pcuser42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pukekohe Shuttle
    Posts
    10,108

    Default Re: How to Drive in Auckland

    Also don't forget, turning your hazard lights on gives you the right to park anywhere you like, including on the footpath.

    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

    Twitter

  4. #14

    Default Re: How to Drive in Auckland

    Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post
    Also don't forget, turning your hazard lights on gives you the right to park anywhere you like, including on the footpath.

    Very true. The truckies use it often. You are even allowed to break the law with impunity.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

    Us husbands are a sorry lot.

  5. #15
    Remember Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    2,364

    Default Re: How to Drive in Auckland

    Many years ago the Great South Road in Auckland was marked into three lanes, one in each direction, and a centre lane which could be used in either direction, for passing. Surprisingly it worked for a while before people got careless about which lane they were in. Does anyone else remember this experiment?

  6. #16
    Awaiting Enlightenment R2x1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Shore.
    Posts
    13,993

    Default Re: How to Drive in Auckland

    The "Suicide Lanes" according to the prophets of doom
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.



  7. #17

    Default Re: How to Drive in Auckland

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Many years ago the Great South Road in Auckland was marked into three lanes, one in each direction, and a centre lane which could be used in either direction, for passing. Surprisingly it worked for a while before people got careless about which lane they were in. Does anyone else remember this experiment?
    Yes, I remember that. I was too chicken to use it as I had seen quite a few close calls. I used to drive down there each weekend to see my girlfriend, about 40 years ago, but I never ventured into the centre lane!
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

    Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm in auckland!
    By Dannz in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
  2. Auckland to New Plymouth how long to drive
    By lightfoot in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-06-2006, 03:21 PM
  3. Auckland to New Plymouth how long to drive
    By lightfoot in forum PressF1
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-06-2006, 04:56 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 04:28 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-12-2002, 09:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •