Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did TV One "cock up" tonight?

Did TV One cock it up tonight with its 6pm News by allocating all but 3 minutes to "other" news?

Methinks they placed all their eggs in one basket expecting Team Emirates to have won the America's Cup today

"If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."

Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage∑ Jun 12

Old guy

Default Re: Did TV One "cock up" tonight?

No they don't actually do real news anymore anyway. Usually just a little one sided propaganda some women's magazine type stories and whatever sports they have been able to copy off the internet. They even get the weather wrong half the time.
    Your guess that they were all in on the cup is correct and they are likely to be the same tonight.

Quite agree. We became that sick of it that we turned over to TV3's news to find out what else had happened during the day.

But we also thought that TV1 had it wrong on Monday's news when they had the America Cup's news as the lead story and the two year anniversary of the Christchurch Massacre as their second story which should have been the lead news.

Let's hope that it will not be the same tonight, Clive, otherwise we might be turning over to the opposition once again.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Did TV One cock it up tonight with its 6pm News by allocating all but 3 minutes to "other" news?
    Well I lost interest and went and read the news online.
    Ex-pctek

Speaking of the Americaís Cup.

I notice Toni Street has a co-host I havenít seen before by the name of Scott Morrison, and every time he gets a bit excited he bursts into some foreign language.

Given his name, I figure the language must be Doric or Gaelic, but Iím not sure which.

Can anyone tell me which it is?
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

VoidMaster

The big news is that the Astra-Zenica vaccine is causing deaths in all age groups in supposedly healthy people before the vaccination because of blood clots in the brain.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/16/astr...pend-shot.html

"The move to pause its use by Dutch and Irish officials came shortly after Norway’s medicines agency said it had been notified of three health workers being treated in hospital for bleeding, blood clots and a low count of blood platelets after receiving the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine"
    Last edited by zqwerty; 17-03-2021 at 09:04 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Speaking of the Americaís Cup.

I notice Toni Street has a co-host I havenít seen before by the name of Scott Morrison, and every time he gets a bit excited he bursts into some foreign language.

Given his name, I figure the language must be Doric or Gaelic, but Iím not sure which.

Can anyone tell me which it is?
    Scott Morrison is Howard Morrison's son and so because Howard was a maori languague aficionado, I would suppose that he bursts into maori.

And if you don't know the name Howard Morrison, he was the leader of the group The Howard Morrison Quartet, a popular Kiwi band in the early sixties.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Scott Morrison is Howard Morrison's son and so because Howard was a maori languague aficionado, I would suppose that he bursts into maori.
    Are you sure Roscoe?

Howard Morrison was one of the biggest racists out and there is no way I can see him naming his son Scott.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

"Scott Morrison" a bigger know it all you couldn't expect to meet