Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A Savage Attack on the WOKE’s..........

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    its less than that
    3.7%
    https://socialreport.msd.govt.nz/cul...-speakers.html

And we need to look at why most maori cant be bothered learning their own language .
    Unfortunately, that report you linked to is dated 2016 and covers the time frame 2001-2013.

Must have been a hell of a study to take 3 years to produce a heap of irrelevant rubbish.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

And we need to look at why most maori cant be bothered learning their own language .
    One Article explains a reason, 1st Sentence as well as under the Heading picture:

https://reoora.com/how-to-overcome-b...-te-reo-maori/

Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

Unfortunately, BM, the longer the post, the less people (like me) are less likely to read it. It may be good to have a rant,
    but not the way to communicate, or get a view across. Reading a little bit, I guess that you are also against changing the flag
    - now that is certainly a symbolic line that our younger people will actually cross. Some, like yourself, can try to act as
    "King Canute" did and try to hold back the tides, but progress will prevail. Other major and more substantial changes will follow.

I am 76, but it is not me or you that will determine the future. Don't mean to disregard or diminish your views, but nevertheless ....
    Last edited by Misty; 25-02-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile
    Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz 32 °C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I am 76, but it is not me or you that will determine the future.
    Quite agree Misty.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    More maori bashing...sigh.
    Accept the fact they were here already people. Not the Mongols, not the Japanese, not the inuit. Maori.
    How weird maori language would be in occasional use....
    i don't think thats maori bashing as such, at least not intended to be.
    its just people are becoming overly sensitive and they must be seen to be doing "the right thing". its not just with maori, its with everything.
    plant a tree, it has to be native. must have a beehive to save the planet. don't say that word because its an insult to someone somewhere.

the other thing the old "they were here already" doesn't really mean as much these days. the world is getting very small.
    in a world where you can go almost anywhere, who was first is becoming meaningless.
    Tweak it till it breaks

The problem is that white NZ isnt really interested, especially as it shows white colonizers in a bad light.

AND go back further and it shows Maori in a bad light. They were hardly pacifists toward other tribes . Yet it was only the white invaders who where evil ?
    Yes, people acted differntly 100's of years ago. That needs be be shown in our history , we stole land & killed those who opposed us , all races did that .
    yes, it happened all around the world for 1000's of years.
    with more modern history so many countries went "empire building" and slaughtered anyone who stood in their way.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Unfortunately, BM, the longer the post, the less people (like me) are less likely to read it. It may be good to have a rant,
    but not the way to communicate, or get a view across. Reading a little bit, I guess that you are also against changing the flag
    - now that is certainly a symbolic line that our younger people will actually cross. Some, like yourself, can try to act as
    "King Canute" did and try to hold back the tides, but progress will prevail. Other major and more substantial changes will follow.

I am 76, but it is not me or you that will determine the future. Don't mean to disregard or diminish your views, but nevertheless ....
    Unfortunately Misty, I think you have missed the point.

I totally agree that lengthy dialogues can be hard work as you age.

However, what I posted (and I’m guessing, this was the lengthy publication by Dr Michael Bassett) was labelled as such, so it wasn’t up to me to précis or alter it.

Now as for the Flag Vote, the relevance of which eludes me, I can confirm you are quite right, I voted for the existing flag and the referendum said my side won by 286,000+ votes.

Moving on to King Canute, his relevance eludes me also, but the parting of the waters or washing his toes, 1000 years ago deserves a thread of its own.

Finally, I am older than you, and it is up to us to determine the future of our progeny.

We are already experiencing the outcome of lack of responsibility by parents and family.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.