Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    VoidMaster

Default Re: Maybe We Are Being Forced to .....

More Americans have died of Covid 19 than the combined deaths of WW1, WW2, Korean War.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

When I look at my scorecard for Jacinda I figure, “Well she has to go along with her hangers on”.

Then I look at the possible replacements and figure “ Well that would be out of the Frying Pan into the Fire wouldn’t it.

We’re Doomed.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    When I look at my scorecard for Jacinda I figure, “Well she has to go along with her hangers on”.

Then I look at the possible replacements and figure “ Well that would be out of the Frying Pan into the Fire wouldn’t it.

We’re Doomed.
    thats about right.
    i'm no jacinda fan but national imploded. seymor is gaining but could also very easily do nationals trick of shooting themselves in the foot.

however when all this mess is over, we can get someone in to clean up the mess.
    Tweak it till it breaks

VoidMaster

National would open the borders, start the economy on a path back to normal again and end up like USA with plenty of people dying of Covid but of course the businessmen would be making money and profits and that's all that really matters.

This crisis is not going to go away, Covid will always be with us but hopefully manageable with vaccines, the big problem which is going to make Covid seem like nothing is Global Warming, however with any luck we are in the best place on Earth to get through the worst for as long as possible, that's why I came to NZ almost 50 years ago now because I saw the writing on the wall in the early seventies.

"You don't need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind blows".

https://www.facebook.com/LegacyRecor...4007880047996/
    Last edited by zqwerty; 28-02-2021 at 01:38 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old guy

Well I for one do not intend to spend the rest of my life hiding under the bed terrified of whatever is the current thing to panic about. Not even one of the predicted disasters forcaste to kill us, starve us, freeze us or drown us all in known history has ever looked close to coming true.
    Having said that I am fully supportive of common sense measures to avoid illness or pollution. I also understand how many people who accept everything they are told by politicians or the news media as gospel truth are now living in fear. I still believe that I am far more likely to be injured in a traffic accident than I am to be laid low by the dreaded Covid.

VoidMaster

If it was left to run its course we would all get Covid, just a matter of time and that still may be true as we lower restrictions and the vaccine takes effect we may get caught out by changes in the virus and the efficaciousness of vaccines as time goes on.

"Not even one of the predicted disasters forcaste to kill us, starve us, freeze us or drown us all in known history has ever looked close to coming true"

This time it's different, world population is too large, abuse of the ecosystem is rampant. Major losses of insect populations, bees for instance, are a serious problem.

I'm totally relaxed, it's too late to do anything to solve the problem, and impossible to mitigate with the attitudes that most people hold, so the problem will solve itself.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 28-02-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    thats about right.
    i'm no jacinda fan but national imploded. seymor is gaining but could also very easily do nationals trick of shooting themselves in the foot.

however when all this mess is over, we can get someone in to clean up the mess.
    Seymor is chasing the hunting, shooting and fishing vote which is surprisingly larger than people think it is in NZ.

VoidMaster

In case anyone is interested:

Covid vaccine impact forecast - https://assets.publishing.service.go...scenarios_.pdf

"With the new aggressive covid strain, likely transmission efficacies prove insufficient to prevent further infection outbreaks across the population. This means that the proportion of individuals that do not accept the vaccine together with the proportion for whom it is ineffective in protecting, may still account for significant further severe disease even after the program is completed"
    Last edited by zqwerty; 28-02-2021 at 07:15 PM.