Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help is at hand.

To all you people out there, some of whom have survived terrible parenting, help is at hand.

HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Default Re: Help is at hand.

So the caregivers want to sit on their backsides and do nothing instead of Supervising. Narrrrrrr that cant be right.

I have long said that early childhood education would be my idea of a worst job.

At least with looking after spiders at a South American zoo (my previous No. 1), I could kill anything that bit me.

Seems that's frowned upon at a creche lol

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    So the caregivers want to sit on their backsides and do nothing instead of Supervising. Narrrrrrr that cant be right.
    No. They don't.

"The rules from the Ministry of Education "

Utterly ridiculous, anything else? Fences round pools, bans on various foods, no more slides and swings like the old school playgrounds, soft mats under such stuff, can't wrap the world in padding for kids...perhaps chicken should be banned too, once when my son was small he rammed the chicken drumstick into his mouth so far he nearly choked himself.

We just pulled it out and told him off.
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

University graduates with no experience of real life getting into/promoted into positions of power and believing that their vision of "lovely children" is the correct one, some of them never wake up and go on happily in their ivory tower, rose-tinted view of life for the rest of their lives, a blight on the rest of us.

You can see evidence of this throughout the entire society with all the silly decisions that are being made in the corporates and government in general.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

As far as I’m concerned it is straight out “Empire Building” and I look forward to seeing just how they are going to police such nonsense.

I suppose they will appoint an army of “Lunch Box Inspectors”.

Just when you think they can’t get any sillier, they do!
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

"How to prepare cucumber and capsicum isn’t specifically mentioned in the rules, but could potentially be cooked until “easily squashed between your thumb and forefinger” and cut into strips. "

You don't cook cucumber!!
    Whats left....soup? Oh hang on, you can drown on soup if you inhale at the wrong moment.

Best not feed the kid at all.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

Just when you think they can’t get any sillier, they do!
    You know the old saying -- Cant make it idiot proof , as soon as you do there's a better class of idiots

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    You know the old saying -- Cant make it idiot proof , as soon as you do there's a better class of idiots
    Wouldn’t that be the truth.

Here’s one along the same lines that occurred rather too close to home.

Two or three years ago my grand-daughter who had reached the crawling stage was found choking by her mother.

Her mother couldn’t remedy the situation so called the Ambulance. They couldn’t remedy the situation either, so mum and baby off to the Auckland Hospital siren’s blaring.

The situation didn’t get any clearer, because the Doctors couldn’t see the obstruction, let alone do anything about it.

Fortunately, it all of a sudden cleared itself and everything returned to normal.

The consensus of the Medics was that whatever was choking her had passed on into the stomach and the contents of her napkin would probably reveal what it was eventually.

Sure enough, out came a piece of Sellotape.

Clearly, some air was getting passed the Sellotape as there has been no ongoing problems, but I’d never heard of such an event before, or after, but I can see how dangerous it could be.

Therefore, I think we should employ an army of "Sellotape Inspectors" to prevent such happenings.

I was a terrible parent.
    My son:

Was found in vege garden eating worms when aged 1.

Found eating cat food with the cats at age 2.

Stuck a crayon up his nose aged 4. That took ages, was nearly going to head to medical centre but a needle got it out finally. Asked why - don't know was the answer. Standard kid response....
    Ex-pctek