Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland motel?

Wanderer

Default Auckland motel?

Hi all,

Some of you are in Auckland so hopefully you can provide some advice. I have looked at the large booking websites, most of the places have only 1 double bed, or 2 doubles or a double and a single. We have 1 adult parent and 2 adult kids so we rather not share a bed (!). So we need 3 beds. Most of the listings are generally hotels or studio apartments with a small kitchenette. Parking is an issue as well.

We are looking at somewhere near Newmarket but we can drive around, like a typical NZ motel where we can just park at the premise. Any recommendations or a website that searches motels?

We had a look at AirBnB but they tend to be $200/night is that the going price? Many are apartments more in the CBD like Queens Street and Graftton area.

Cheers.

Default Re: Auckland motel?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    most of the places have only 1 double bed, or 2 doubles or a double and a single. We have 1 adult parent and 2 adult kids so we rather not share a bed (!). So we need 3 beds.
    https://www.wotif.co.nz/Auckland-Mot...-Accommodation

https://www.aucklandnz.com/visit/stay/motels

or plain old google: "find auckland motels nz -hotels"
    Ex-pctek

We had a look at AirBnB but they tend to be $200/night is that the going price? .
    Hmmm, depends where in Auckland I guess. Friend of mine out Waitakere used to and her price was $55 a night.
    Ex-pctek

If you're ok with a no frills setup, then North Shore Motels and Holiday Park wiil have options... a bunkroom being the lowest tier (no toilet or TV or cooking within the room), but they have lots of other combinations.

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    If you're ok with a no frills setup, then North Shore Motels and Holiday Park wiil have options... a bunkroom being the lowest tier (no toilet or TV or cooking within the room), but they have lots of other combinations.
    Thanks for that the Tourist Flats, look OK. They need ensuite and a half decent kitchen with 2 cooktops. A bit further away though, I see what they think. This place didn't pop up on the the booking websites. Re: a motel it does seems like $155-200 is really the going rate.

What part of Auckland. When we go up there we normally stay at the Mt Albert Motor Lodge. http://www.mtalbertlodge.co.nz Avoid using the likes of booking.com and the others. Always go to the motel site directly or phone them.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    What part of Auckland. When we go up there we normally stay at the Mt Albert Motor Lodge. http://www.mtalbertlodge.co.nz Avoid using the likes of booking.com and the others. Always go to the motel site directly or phone them.
    Thanks for that. Their webpage gave me an idea what Auckland or NZ motels generally charge and be less of a scrooge. 1 queen and 1 single is $159 or 1 queen and 2 singles is $189. The North Shore Holiday Park is $140 for 3 people in a tourist flat with a basic bathroom. It's $100 for 1 person + 2x $20 for the 2 additional people. I think their motel units are $175.

Did you ask for Kiwi prices??.

Now that we have Aotearoa back, us Kiwis' should be asking for cheaper accommodation prices, Queenstown and the two Glacier places for starters.

When we holidayed in Auckland back in the 60/70's we stayed in places over the coat-hanger side.

lurking.

Thanks for that. Their webpage gave me an idea what Auckland or NZ motels generally charge and be less of a scrooge. 1 queen and 1 single is $159 or 1 queen and 2 singles is $189. The North Shore Holiday Park is $140 for 3 people in a tourist flat with a basic bathroom. It's $100 for 1 person + 2x $20 for the 2 additional people. I think their motel units are $175.
    Up till the end of 2020 it used to cost us $145 for a nite at Mt Albert.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

The North Shore Holiday Park is $140 for 3 people.
    It depends on what you intend to do in Auckland.
    And where.
    The shore is a PITA to travel from.....if say going to CBD or South (Rainbows End? Butterfly Creek?)

Base yourself fairly near the places you intend to visit.
    Ex-pctek