Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summertime

Default Summertime

What activity do you do the most during summer? I'm looking forward to having more time to play and do leisure activities outside more. How about you? What do you look forward to?

Default Re: Summertime

Winter is just around the corner

Ken

Used to be we'd do a lot of bush walks.
    Swim in rivers and stuff at the end of the walks.
    Hang out on beaches, go camping.

Now it's mainly bask in the warm, enjoy the garden and stuff. Have to say I much prefer autumn now, lovely and sunny daytime, but cooler at night so you can sleep, no sweaty humid horrible nights with noisy fans going etc.
    Ex-pctek

A strange question given summer is ending :-)

Almost anything outside is good ,as long as its not too hot . Relaxing while Drinking a coffee while reading the paper out in the sun, mountain biking .
    I dont enjoy mowing the lawns or cleaning up the section.

Senior

I'd say being out in the garden once the cold spring easterlies are over, and also drinking a coffee and having a read, watching the birds and butterflies. I enjoy the autumn cleanup in the garden as the weather is nice then. The enjoyment of those activities however is often ruined by the barking of the neighbourhood dogs of which there are more and more. Families get pups and because no-one is home all day they don't get trained to not yelp and bark for hours. Or the one particular large dog which is allowed to bark for the entire route of it's daily 3 walks setting off other dogs along the way.

We love the long evenings, SWMBO in particular. She is from the UK and when she was a child she would still be playing on the beach at 10pm. At the other end, it can darken at 3.30pm.

And, of course, we enjoy the blue summer skies. No problem with drying the washing on the line. How many people still put their washing out to dry?

We are retired and make great use of our motorhome, in the summertime in particular and take pleasure in visiting the west coast beaches, going for a walk and watching the sun go down - red sky at night . . . .
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

What I will really miss in winter , is being able to come home from work & sit out in the sun for an hour or so.
    Being dark when I get home from work , so depressing .

first morning this year i've had the heat pump on heat. things are cooling down.

what i do in summer........work, work work work. any spare time is devoted to recovery from work.
    looking forward to winter so i can get stuff done at home.
    Tweak it till it breaks

I watch the cricket. I walk in the park early in the morning, we go out to lunch once a week, sit on the deck and read. We look forward to the weekend so we can have a rest. It's tough but someone has to do it.

Ken

Well autumn is here the best time of year down here in Hanmer. Went hunting Monday straight after work and ended up having my dinner at 11.30pm and now have a freezer full of venison due to my mate shooting a monster red stag.