Default Win 10 No Audio Out put Device is installed and same for Input Device

I am Win 10 (64) Build 2004 with Current updates.
    Until last night Sound worked as expected
    Suddenly options for Speakers, Headphones etc. disappeared.
    Under Device Mgr the Synaptics Audio has disappeared and only Intel Audio shows.
    Error 0xc00df36a appears.
    Selecting a fix for that has screen shots depicting exactly what I am faced with.
    I went on Web and tried the suggested fixes for that Error except that I could not follow the steps to click on APPLY as in both cases that tab was greyed out.

I then did a System Restore as at 4 December 2020-no change.

About 6 weeks ago I had this problem but it righted itself after approx. 24 hours.

No such luck this time.

Help please

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Default Re: Win 10 No Audio Out put Device is installed and same for Input Device

Open Device Manager and remove the device as well as the driver.

Can you see the associated software in Add/Remove Programs?
    If they are there, uninstall the software and any drivers from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Reboot the computer.
    Windows should auto detect the audio and try to install a driver.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Asus PRIME Z370-P
    Core i7-8700K
    Corsair Hydro H100x
    16GB Klevv BOLT X Gaming 3200MHz DDR4
    Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial 512GB SSD
    GTX 1660 SUPER OC
    Corsair Crystal 460X
    EVGA SuperNOVA G+ 650W

Default Re: Win 10 No Audio Out put Device is installed and same for Input Device

synaptic audio : known issues with v2404

Did you force install v2404 ? It shouldnt have been offered if Synaptic audio was detected on the system.

Hi 1101 My Win Version n is 2004 OS Build 19041.685

I am deliberately holding off on Win 20H because MS has advised wait until they fix Synaptics issues

VoidMaster

Reported
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sorry for late update. I got issue fixed. ChiefNZ -thanks for suggestion. What you did not mention (someone else not me picked this up) one needed to select View Hidden Files and folders first to see what you suggested..
    I then went into Windows audio etc. and checked restart and set to Automatic -seemed to be so already. Then went into Apps and found Smart Audio and selected Repair(I was positive i had done this earlier to no avail) and it worked.-sound restored. Next day I selected Lenovo (my laptop) Check for Updates and Synaptics Audio showed so I updated .( I guess to original setting).
    All in all a frustrating time but on the positive side I have learned much.

Me and my big mouth. Tonight i went to play a DVD-external DVD Drive. i have had problems getting it to play previously. Tonight the menu came up but it seemed to interfere with Audio.
    Short version I again have the dreaded Red cross by speaker in task bar,-No Audio Device detected.
    I have done all the previous fixes -Devices , Services Windows Audio and Windows Endpoint. Driver shows as up to date. and running Automatic.
    In Apps I selected Smart Audio Repair -my memory had not been faulty about last time failed attempt when I ran it it ticked instantly with no change. At the time of the last fix I could see Repair running on a progress bar. I was hoping for that tonight.
    I rechecked Lenovo updates -told All OK. Last time the next morning i had tp update Synaptcs Driver 1903 + / Let's hope that reappears tomorrow morning. i also ran as Full Admin sfc /scannow -no problems detected.

Yuk

Had a similar problem today. A customers Audio went AWOL a couple of days ago the main speakers didn't work and had changed over to the inbuilt in the Monitor, said they went for 1 day then they stopped as well, changed them back to Realtek onboard - didn't work even after a restart.

Then I noticed AVG was installed, I asked when he put that sh1t in, he said oddly enough it appeared on its own a couple of days ago, around the same time he had troubles with the Audio -- So removed it with Revo Uninstaller, rebooted and bingo - all audio came flooding back and almost blew out his windows when playing a music track and testing.

So was that the cause ?? Who knows but more than a coincidence I think. SO Think back, What if any software has been installed and the lose of Audio happened ?

Since it was going earlier, look at system restore - See if there has been a restore point made at any stage from when it was working now stopped again, if there is run it and wind the system backwards to that point.

To open System restore, click on Search and type System Restore, open it (Create a system Restore point) , System Restore button.

Hi Wainui,
    No new apps installed. The only Windows updates I got as updates were Security Intelligence ones (which for some reason do not show up in update history).

Ref Restore Point I had created a couple after successfully regaining Audio on 17 December but when on night of 29 Dec I went to do System Restore they were not showing -only an Automated one on 26 December. I had run that but no joy. I am puzzled as to why my other System Restore points were not displaying - I had selected "Show more Restore Points" I've emailed Lenovo Support -minimal words allowance to describe problem. Their Bot just covered basic stuff.

Short version . After trying Lenovo emailed suggestions, then subsequently them dialling in remotely they could not fix the problem. The laptop has been sent to Lenovo Service Dept under warranty. Don't get me started on Courier Company pickup reliability