Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Internet connection vanished

Hi.
    In my PC I have 2 SSD's, both running W10Pro x64 v 20H2, fully up to date. This SSD I am using now is fine apart from the BSOD I get when I open Bluestacks Android Emulator and click the icon to play Facebooks's Criminal Case game. BSOD says Computer has a problem, collection information and will restart computer. Stop Code is System Service Exemption. I googled the Stop Code is System Service Exemption and there were pages of offerings to 'Fix System Service Exemption' easily. I left all of them alone.
    That's a problem but not the one I am posting about in this Thread.

When I use the other W10 SSD I have No Internet connection, all sound is lost (Audio service not running) no Sound Hardware. The AVM FRITZ! MEDIASERVER icon is nonexistent in File Explorer / This PC. In Device Manager/Software Devices Fritz isn't listed ..in fact the Software Devices entry is not there at all. Device Manager /Network Adapters there are no show of the 8 WAN Miniports that are showing in this W10 I am using now.
    I cannot do a System Restore because it cannot be accessed! I cannot use the W10 Install DVD to Repair the computer and use Advanced options to use System Restore. Tried that and got a window saying to Restart computer and boot into an Operating System and use Sys Restore in there! Absurd really. Why is that Sys Restore option made available when using Install DVD to Repair the Computer. That's not a question.

No AVM FRITZ! MEDIASERVER showing means NO Internet. That simple really. Where the heck has it vanished? How? All I can think is the OpSys has become corrupted. When I had Fibre connected on Friday last week, everything was up and running without fault after I went through the Setting Up over telephone with a tech at 2Degrees. Everything went belly up Saturday night when I went to open and use Bluestacks to play CC Game. Unbelievably, I got onscreen notification that I have to Sign in with my MS Account! NEVER before have I had to do that when I used Bluestacks. All hell broke loose and since that time I have had no Internet when I am using the other OpSys SSD.
    I am trying to remember when I had removed Passwords/Pins and set both Systems to be Local Accounts. Was it before or after I had Bluestacks requiring my MS Password...hmmmm .
    Anyway, the other W10 is now totally unusable on the net. ISP Techno today told me that they are only responsible upto the LAN output on the Fritz Hardware. Because FRITZ has done a runner and Vanished from my PC OpSys then I will have to enlist the Services of a Pro. Wonderful to hear that.
    HI,y'all

The Techo on the phone this morning attempted Reset Modem and other things, I used my Mobile phone because the Landline connected to the Modem doesn't allow my making outward calls, and after a few attempts before and after Resets to call my landline and it failing to ring, the Techno said they will send me a new modem.

Methinks I am going to have to start afresh install W10 Pro x 64 v 20H2 because I think the System on the other SSD is mangled. I could be wrong.
    One option I can try, well 2 options, are to Image the SSD, Delete the Partition and reinstall W10v20H2. FRITZ doesn't need Install Software. It should be found and made available as soon as Install W10 has completed.
    If I have Internet after doing those things then I guess the Image created shall be heading for the trash.

Here's some pics.... These first few are showing THIS OpSystem in use now, showing all the parts that are NOT there in the 'Faulty' W10 System, The pics I add after as a reply are from the OpSystem that has no internet connection/System restore or Sound devices

GOOD OP SYSTEM Pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEVICE MANAGER SHOWS FRITZ AND ALL NETWORK ADAPTERS.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	10648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRITZ MEDIASERVER DEVICE AND AUDIO SHOWING IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	10649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRITZ MEDIASERVER DEVICE.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	10650  

Default Re: Internet connection vanished

BAD OP SYSTEM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEVICE MANAGER DOESN'T SHOW FRITZ IN SOFTWARE DEVICES AND ALL ASSOCIATED NETWORK ADAPTERS..JPG 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	10651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NO FRITZ MEDIASERVER DEVICE SHOWING IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS.jpg 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	10652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NO FRITZ MEDIASERVER DEVICE.jpg 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	10653

NETWOK AND SHARING _NO SYSTEM RESTORE AND NO SOUND DEVICES

Name:	NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER. 1.jpg 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	10654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NO SYSTEM RESTORE AND NO SOUND DEVICES.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	10655

I cannot create an Image of the SSD. Failed to create a volume snapshot .
    Does that mean the Op System is corrupted?

Name:	MACRIUM BACK UP OF INTEL SSD FAILED.jpg 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	10657

Many Services are turned off or Disabled. Acronis VSS Doctor Diagnostics shown in the pic below.

Name:	ACRONIS VSS DOCTOR DIAGNOSTIC_PART 2_ FAULTY SSD.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	10660Attachment 10659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACRONIS VSS DOCTOR DIAGNOSTIC_PART 1_ FAULTY SSD.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	10661
    Last edited by kiotimak; 09-12-2020 at 12:06 PM.

CBS LOGFILE from the SFC /SCANNOW.
    Because I cannot add the CBS logfile here I uploaded it to my MediaFire storage and put the link to download it here below

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zqgy54...l/CBS.log/file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CMD PROMPT_SFC  SCANNOW.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	10664  

Of course there are NO Restore Points in System Restore because MS decided to have System Restore turned off by default. We have to go and enable System Restore as soon as we have installed the OS!!!!!
    Thanks a lot MS!!!!!!

The Error Message Number with Macrium means "The MS Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) sub-system is not working. This can be caused by the 'Volume Shadow Copy Service' being disabled or a corrupt VSS component registration."

Which is confirmed by the other reports.
    The SFC, run it again, if it comes up clean, then Run the DISM command ass admin ( regardless of what SFC says) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Its possible that having two or more drives that contain full systems connected at the same time, can cause problems. When windows updates /upgrades it doesn't always put the boot options on the same drive ( if multi drives are available).

Another good example of that is If you have Windows on one drive and Linux on another, the boot loaders can get all screwed up, seen it happen where Windows stops Linux from booting and vise versa.

Looking at the cbs file there was an update error with KB4586781-x64 this was put out 10th Nov for Windows version version 2004 ( current is 2009) 20H2
    Last edited by wainuitech; 09-12-2020 at 04:02 PM.

wainuitech
    Hi again. This latest Computer problem is just what incorrigible me needed (I jest of course).
    I googled the the Macrium Error message, one suggestion was to use Services.msc to check if VSS is disabled and if it is then Start it and set Startup Type to Automatic. VSS was disabled and I set Startup to be Automatic. Unfortunately, my no internet issue remans.
    Oh, I tried to make a Macrium Image of this Good W10 Pro x64 OS and that failed as well. This Good OS is the one I used an .mrimg to install on my Samsung Evo 860 SSD, it was v1903 and I upgraded it to v20H2 Build 19042.630 about a week ago. Why Macrium failed to create an Image o a GOOD System I have NO Idea. That in itself has me worried. However, I did attempt to make the .mrimg of the Good System when I was in the BAD OS. Macrium Reflect is not installed in this W10 Pro x64 v20H2 that's on the Samsung Evo 860 SSD I am using currently.
    I'll install it and try again.
    All done. I imaged both SSD's. The image of the faulty OS when played back in Vi-Boot still has no Internet connection or sound.
    I will run the sfc /scannow again and see what happens.
    I attach a pic of the Dism tests I did earlier.

I am beginning to despair about the faulty OS. There seems to be too much wrong. Many services disabled. No way I can see a chance of 'recovering' it. Unless I wait for the next W10 version upgrade to be released and I attempt an Upgrade-repair.
    I think I be buying another SSD and and use it in the computer I am finishing building. I have the RAM I was waiting for...now I will wait for a new SSD. I will remove the Intel SSD that has the faulty OS installed and stick with only having the Samsung Evo 860 SSD /W10 v20H2 OS and go from there.
    I think the OS that has lost Internet /Sound/VSS and much more has been mangled

Thanks for your help.

I am going to start the sfc /scannow and go to bed.

The Dism test I did earlier, I did the 2nd and first commands in reverse order. Shhhh, it happens.

ciaoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DISM COMMANDS COMPLETED.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	10666

New sfc /scannow and Dism results. Also a pic showing control Panel/Network/Telephone and Modem and Device Manager.
    Try Change Adapter Settings in Network and it opens an empty folder. Phone and Modem cannot be opened (Telephony problem), Device Manager showing missing Network adapters and no Software Devices entry and a pic of the Image created last night open in Vi-Boot.

Name:	NEW ELEVATED POWERSHELL SFC SCANNOW AND DISM RESULTS.jpg 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	10668Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CONTROL PANEL_NETWORK_TELEPHONE AND MODEM _ AND DEVICE MANAGER SHOWS NO WAN-MINIPORTS AND SOFTWA.jpg 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	10669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEVICE MANAGER_SYSTEM DEVICES.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	10670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BACKUP OF INTEL SSD RUNNING IN V1-BOOT_NO INTERNET  ANDNO SOUND..jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	10671

I will remove the troublesome Intel SSD and faulty OS from the computer as soon as I am done sending this reply.
    I regret having not created a backup of the now Internet less OS after I installed the Diablo II Lord of Destruction game. The current troubles happened 2 days after that game install. Always wise after the event.
    I will seek out and buy a new 500GB SSD or M2 NVMe SSD today. Shame I cannot find the The Corsair Force MP300 series M.2 that locked up on me a couple year back. Couldn't use it or shut it down because it was 'Locked to a process'. Only 'shutdown' was coldkill Power button. I imaged it and that worked fine in Vi-Boot so I recovered it to this Samsung SSD I use now. It was that .mrimg I used to instal the W10 Pro v1903 and upgraded to v20H2 on the Samsung in use now. Which I backed up last night
    I put the Corsair Force MP300 series M.2 into a cardboard package, probably the one the Intel 660P M2 NVMe came in to replace it. I could DiskPart Clean All it and use that, maybe Worth a try
    A hunting I go.
    Ciao 4 now
    Last edited by kiotimak; 10-12-2020 at 07:38 AM.