Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Website Host Recommendations?

I had been using Domains4less https://www.domains4less.co.nz/web-hosting for the last 4 year for a clients website, with no issues.

I've been with Domains4Less, and I've had the same experience where a screw-up at the accounts dept leads to a week of the site being down, and being locked out of emails.
    The techs would acknowledge the screw up, but fail to fix it, passing the buck back to the accounts dept to fix their mess, and the accounts dept seems to be in no hurry to put things right.
    From a DIY website admin perspective, they've also been hopeless for linking to outdated Help pages that relate to a package that they no longer use.
    I'd ditch them if it wasn't for the burden of transferring to yet another hopeloss provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    I've been with Domains4Less, and I've had the same experience where a screw-up at the accounts dept leads to a week of the site being down, and being locked out of emails.
    The techs would acknowledge the screw up, but fail to fix it, passing the buck back to the accounts dept to fix their mess, and the accounts dept seems to be in no hurry to put things right.
    From a DIY website admin perspective, they've also been hopeless for linking to outdated Help pages that relate to a package that they no longer use.
    I'd ditch them if it wasn't for the burden of transferring to yet another hopeloss provider.
    Good to know. I used to swear by them for my domains as well but switched away from them last year after having way too many issues and their new dashboard layout being an absolute mess.

I have a website with Open Host. No problems. Google Chrome shows it as 'Not secure', which is fair enough. There are no forms, or confidential material on it so doesn't need to be secure. Only Google Chrome, & Edge show this. Firefox, & Pale Moon do not.

I never used their email, even when I worked there. Their spam filter was rubbish, all the guys there said don't use our email.
    I put my domain email through gmail instead and it remains that way now.

Gmails spam filter is excellent. best I've ever used.
    Ex-pctek

That is exactly where I'm stalled. Can't win or even take a trick.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.