Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Internet connection vanished

Before I start putting bits together for new rig, I reconnected the Intel 660P 512GB SSD, the one that the original post thread was about. In it I cannot get online, there are no sound devices installed, the two games I have installed will not open and play, Diskpart cannot be used and it appears All Services for these and more are Disabled. Including System Restore. Basically, its a mangled unrepairable OS.
    Here are a few pics showing Cmd Prompt Diskpart cannot be used and all of the Disabled Services. I would say the OS is knackered.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DISKPART DISABLED.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	10690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SERVICES 1.jpg 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	10691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SERVICES 2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	10692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SERVICES 3.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	10693

More Services pics

Name:	SERVICES 4.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	10694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SERVICES 5.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	10695Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SERVICES 6.jpg 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	10696

Older by the minute

Do you have an ISO of Win10 on USB. Why not do a fresh install or is the SSD knacked?

VoidMaster

Connect these malfunctioning SSD, HDD, or whatever to another computer or laptop using a suitable USB to SATA or whatever and use killdisk on them, then reformat and reload.

http://killdisk.com/killdisk-freeware.htm

You may need to make them online so don't use a computer with the same unique id, surely you have an old XP laptop around???
    Last edited by zqwerty; 12-12-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Do you have an ISO of Win10 on USB. Why not do a fresh install or is the SSD knacked?
    Bryan, yes I do have ISO of W10 Pro, 4 of them. 1809, 1903, 2004 and 20H2 both 32 and 64 Bit. I use 64 Bit.
    Why not do a fresh install?
    1/ because I am trying to get the SSD that had a perfectly good W10 Pro x64 running until about 2 week ago now until it got screwed somehow, when I opened the Android emulator for PC, "Bluestacks" to do some fast analysis in the FB game Criminal Case. Why wait 30 hours for an autopsy to complete when in Bluestacks all I have to do is go into Settings/Date and put it ahead 2 days and there's the autopsy done in the 30 seconds it takes to open the app, get the Engine running and open Criminal Case in it, then jump the date a day or two as required to get analysis done. can play the entire case in Bluestacks, start to finish 1 hour to 1 hour 30 mins. Depends on how many cuppas I have Fast analysis is GREAT!
    Anyway, as I stated in the Opening of this Thread, opening Bluestacks caused all HELL to break loose and that SSD became completely useless. INTERNET was lost, Sound was lost, No system Restore because its DISABLED, along with just about 90% of the Services.
    Attempting to get that SSD Recovered to its perfect state before I opened BS (Bluestacks) has been futile. So I am giving up on 'recovering' the OS etc on that drive,
    THAT Disk is the Intel 660P 512GB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x4.
    It will be that disk I use in the computer I am putting together at this moment. I will Diskpart/Wipe it and install Fresh W10 Pro x 64 20H2 to it.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

The other SSD in the thread I bought into it much later after I had decided the Intel was knackered. I spent days, a week almost poring over it. Trying ALL methods to get it Cleaned, Wiped and usable. That disk is The Corsair Force MP300 PCIe 3.0 x2 NVMe SSD
    https://www.thessdreview.com/our-rev...-review-240gb/

THAT SSD is the first SSD I bought to use in the new rig I made about 2 years ago. I also bought a 500GB Samsung Evo 860 SSD to use for storage. I am today using the Samsung SSD as C Drive and it is running W10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.685 and it is perfect
    I will leave that SSD in this computer and have no other internal SSD with an OS on it. I have had both the Samsung and the Intel connected and both were running W10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.685 until the Intel got screwed and is unrepairable. So we forget that for now. its out of the equation.

The SSD that I have been talking about in the end of the thread is the Corsair Force MP300 PCIe 3.0 x2 NVMe SSD. THA is the SSD that is Offline and it cannot be brought Online at all. It has a Signature Collision with another device and that device is the Samsung SSD, because as I stated earlier, IT the Corsair has the SAME uniqueid as the Samsung SSD because when the Corsair SSD became ' locked' to a process it would not allow access to it. My computer was unusable. Only way to turn it off was pushing the Power button.
    BOTH the Samsung and the Corsair have the same uniqueid because when the OS /System on the Intel SSD got scrambled, I removed the files etc I had on the Samsung SSD to an external HDD, Wiped the Samsung and used an Image I had made of the 'Locked' Corsair SSD of W10 Pro x64 v1903 and that Image worked perfectly in Macrium viBoot.. I then bought the Intel 660P SSD and put the Image made from the Corsair SSD onto the Intel 660P. I had been using that SSD, the Intel one for a year with no problems at all... Until the proverbial hit the fan when I opened Bluestacks to do some fast analysis for a FB friend and CC teammate
    Now that is becoming all very confused again. TOO many SSD's and their plusses and minuses mentioned in one paragraph.
    So to cut it short I will say this:
    The Intel is going to be wiped and used in the new computer and will have fresh W10 Pro x64 v20H2 installed. That's my weekend entertainment.
    The Corsair cannot be made Online at all, even if it is the sole SSD connected up in the computer. Its destined for the trash bin. (No need for an old XP computer to test it. When I had XP my computers never heard of M.2, NVMe and the Mobo/PSU and HDD's were Molex IDE 40Pin connector cables.
    Thanks for the suggestion though. But that Corsair AIN'T gonna ever be used again. It lived a short life in the computer, about 6 months and it decided I had had my Special $30 worth.
    The Fat lady is tuning up her tonsils.
    Cheers and ciao 4 now.
    Last edited by kiotimak; 12-12-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Of course, I could try THIS little gem I uncovered in the link for the Corsair Force MP300 SSD ...... it has Secure Wipe function. Question is: Can it be used from another SSD OS, like the W10 I have on the Samsung? Considering the Corsair is Offline it cannot be used to Secure Wipe itself. Anyway, I don't see how a disk can wipe itself using an app installed on it to do the task. Scratch my head on that one.
    May be worth a try to get the SSD Online or wiped clean.

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/blog/t...ir-ssd-toolbox

VoidMaster

As I said connect it via USB and adaptor not directly into the computer you are using that is what is causing your problems, use the SSD as if it is a usb drive, (you will need an adapter to do this) and try to put it 'online' that way or 'take ownership', then killdisk it and then format and partition, don't have it on the bus of your computer, run it as a peripheral device, not intimately connected into your computer.

Any old computer with usb could do this, an old xp computer/laptop for instance, or put it onto a Linux operating system and wipe and format it that way, make sure you use the correct choices for a Windows system.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 12-12-2020 at 11:32 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Computer Lounge, Mighty Ape and Jaycar don't have any. Well, Mighty ape have these 2 enclosures at a steep price.
    https://www.mightyape.co.nz/electron...nvme+connector

A search in Jaycar gave me this
    https://www.jaycar.co.nz/search?text...category%3A3CB

I will go to Jaycar store on Monday and ask.
    It's one of these shown at top of the link that I need.
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageBasicHover
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/392821700489
    cheers
    Last edited by kiotimak; 13-12-2020 at 01:05 AM.

The Corsair Toolbox claimed to do the Secure wipe and it didn't. No surprises there really. It still showed as Offline in Disk management after the supposed Secure Wipe.

Name:	7_SECURE WIPE.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	10699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8_WARNING_CLICKING YES.jpg 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	10700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10_WIPING DRIVE 50PC.jpg 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	10701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_WIPING DRIVE 96PC.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	10702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12_WIPE DRIVE COMPLETED.jpg 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	10703

Older by the minute