Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday

Default Re: Black Friday

Quote Originally Posted by R2x1 View Post
    It's roughly as appropriate as Queen's Birthday in NZ, but more useful.
    But at least she's our Queen and that's why we celebrate with a holiday, unlike Black Friday which has no relevance to New Zealand at all.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Black Friday deals have arrived Ė even thought the big event is actually just under a week away.

Itís felt like we canít move for seeing a Black Friday advert these past few days, but weíll forgive
    the big brands, because loads of them have gone live nice and early with their Black Friday.
    sales already.

This year Black Friday officially takes places on 27th November, followed Cyber Monday on 30th Nov.
    But, as we all know, this year is unlike any other, and the rules have been thrown out the window.
    Weíve already seen great deals and savings as big retailers have doubled-down on online deals,
    offering price matching on its early sales, and is calling this yearís sale its biggest ever Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Black Friday which has no relevance to New Zealand at all.

Yes it does. IT's an extra sale day....so why isnít that relevant? OK, the day is different, at least this year but so what....people know it means some things will be on sale.
    And apparently they do better that day than even boxing day.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    As opposed to any Friday the 13th which is called that in support of our pagan gods.
    Xmas & Easter are a nod to our ancient pagan gods . The halo over Jesus's head in paintings is a nod to the Sun god .
    We support the pagan gods by celebrating those days, less relevent to modern NZ than US holidays

Why does NZ have a labour day holiday ?
    "Labour Day commemorates the struggle for an eight-hour working day" wiki
    NZ has totally abandoned the 8 hour day & the 40 hour week, so why have a holiday for something NZ no longer has.
    Pehaps have a holiday in recognition for 7 day 60-100 hour working weeks and families living in cars
    Last edited by 1101; 24-11-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Black Friday now is used to stimulate people to spend their money on items with fake prices and fake discounts, that's my opinion.

I never get sucked into making purchases in response to Black Friday adverts /offers,
    unless an item I NEED and have searched for has been reduced in price. It seems to
    me that it is an annual opportunity for vendors to create a buying frenzy and also get
    rid of a lot of outdated, unwanted stock (a few exceptions). Much like New Year and
    Easter sales.

Quote Originally Posted by blanco View Post
    I never get sucked into making purchases in response to Black Friday adverts /offers,
    unless an item I NEED and have searched for has been reduced in price.
    Totally agree. Save they say...but you are not saving if you buy stuff you don't need.
    Nor if it's actually cheaper somewhere else.

Which is why Pricespy....not only do they list buy cheapest price, but show a trend, how the prices have gone up or down recently.

I am after a mattress and so will be looking, if $99 AND it is what I need, good. If not, well I'll be looking for ages probably.
    Ex-pctek

Well I wouldn't worry about the Black Friday sales. SWMBO was after a new bed, the King we had wasn't that comfortable, Big save had a 1/2 price sale during the year.

We ended up with 3 beds one each for myself and SWMBO, side by side and one for my Son, we paid $999 each bed, look at the "Black Friday" Price: Yeah Right.

https://www.bigsave.co.nz/product/to...djustable-bed/

We have them pushed together - and talk about huge its a case of hello where are youuuu and can fully adjust to suit each of us, soooooooooo comfy and all aches and pains gone

Theres so much room we can lay there and still the dog can lay sideways 55KG jumping on the bed (the dog BTW) LOL
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-11-2020 at 05:29 PM.

We have had 2 king singles pushed together for probably 10 years apart from the couple of years we lived in the tiny house. Back in a normal house and back to king singles. So nice SWMBO likes flannelette sheets in winter and I use cotton year round so we can both be comfortable

Wife & I have a single.

Makes her easier to catch.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.