Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black Friday

Default Re: Black Friday

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    We have had 2 king singles pushed together for probably 10 years apart from the couple of years we lived in the tiny house. Back in a normal house and back to king singles. So nice SWMBO likes flannelette sheets in winter and I use cotton year round so we can both be comfortable
    Snap Gary, we did the same 7 years ago. Great for a good night's sleep. Hate it when we go to my sister's as she only has a double bed for us. Only stay a couple of nights. That's good though, as, "Relatives are like fish, they go off after 3 days"

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    But at least she's our Queen and that's why we celebrate with a holiday, unlike Black Friday which has no relevance to New Zealand at all.
    She's about as foreign as you can get by distance, lives in a weird country, and it ain't her birthday anyway.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Pushed together huh.
    There are a number of issues with that.

1)I'd have to buy 2 new beds, and that's more expensive than just a new mattress
    2)Er....meeting in the middle so to speak could be interesting...leave that to your imagination
    3)I'd also have to buy new bedding to suit these beds - and new electric blankets
    $999?! I was looking to spend $99.

Last time I bought a mattress it cost me $220.
    Excellent , firm, good quality etc.
    Ex-pctek

2) meeting in the middle......... that went away a long time ago (if I am thinking correctly about your worries)

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    2) meeting in the middle......... that went away a long time ago (if I am thinking correctly about your worries)

Ken
    Haha, why? Having ailments doesn't make it impossible, just um, gentler.
    Ex-pctek

$999?! I was looking to spend $99.
    Maybe so, but for years we have always brought cheaper beds and ended up regretting it, this time these were at Half Price, normally $1999 and they are fully adjustable to suit -- the homer Simpson -- bed goes up bed goes down They can be adjusted several ways to suit what ever is the most comfortable to the person, back, knees etc. ( see the link in previous post)

Trust me they dont "move apart" even when the Dog Jumps in the middle every morning -- time to get up, hes a 55KG monster.

What SWMBO has done is we buy two sets of sheets, each bed bottom has its own sheets as gary mentioned, we then have two Duvets ( cheap ones) The Top sheet SWMBO sewed them together, so the seam is down the middle ( that way you can tell who steals the top sheet), and we have a big bed spread that covers the lot. The fitted sheets are not expensive name brands , got them ( set, top and bottom) from KMart around $20 each set -- Work fine.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 25-11-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Maybe so, but for years we have always brought cheaper beds and ended up regretting it

The Top sheet SWMBO sewed them together, so the seam is down the middle.
    I have owned our actual bed for 4 years. The headboard is different and the mattress has been replaced twice. The first lasted the longest.......
    I don't want a bed, the bed is fine, no problems at all.

Just a mattress. It must be firm. That's all.

The sewing sheets thing, ugh, I really hate that, my mum used to do that to fit my brothers bed after he got a bigger one.
    Nothing worse than that seam IMO. BUt besides the point, each to their own. I just said I'm looking and if I find one on sale great, if not, we'll live with it a while longer. And buy a mattress, not a bed, not sheets, just a mattress.
    Ex-pctek