Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Covid response rate

In a scale of 1 - 10, 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest. How do you rate our government in terms of responding to covid?

Default Re: Covid response rate

No one's going to be perfect but sure as hell beats the US.

I'd rather be here than anywhere else.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Sorry, 7. Taiwan wins.
    Look it up, what they did, far bigger population than us, no issues and no lockdown either.

We're not so great
    Ex-pctek

1/10
    Lets not confuse the govts response with the fact that NZ is an isolated island(s) at the bottom of the world
    NZ is doing so well because we are an isolated island.

Covid was known about since last december.
    The govt had PLENTY of time to prepare
    . they did nothing for how many months

then the govt lied about availability of flu vax
    lied about availability of SUITABLE PPE for medical staff

The isolation facilities were a joke for months. Everyone EXCEPT the govt knew how sloppy the isolation facilites & NZ's testing & isolation at the border were
    NOT ONE govt minister actually went and checked on the facilities .
    Zero follow up on the MANY reports of sloppyness at isolation/quarenteen facilites .
    The govt ministers literally denied the reports of this sloppyness when asked about it in interviews, despite the interviewer stating they had photographic proof of the concerns

So , its 1/10
    deny deny deny , lie lie lie
    then knee jerk over-reactions when covid is found in the community .
    Wait until its so bad that covid is getting into the community, then do something to fix the obvious issues. How can that be any more than a 1/10 ?

Govt ministers Breaking the rules , incl the PM . Govt minister breaking the lockdown rules to go biking & go on a family car ride

Only now making masks compulsory on Ak public transport...after how many months ?
    Last edited by 1101; 19-11-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Sorry, 7. Taiwan wins.
    Look it up, what they did, far bigger population than us, no issues and no lockdown either.

We're not so great
    I agree we are not so great in fact I would only go to about 5.
    I do not think any other government would have done a lot better than the current lot. It is just too easy to pick holes in anything this far along after the event.
    The media goes out of it's way to keep everyone terrified by reporting Covid case numbers but forget to tell us that 80% of those tested would not even know they had it without the test or that the actual death rate is way less than 1%.

The first time in history, I voted for the Labour party.

The late "Jacka" HOLYOAKE, who I door knocked for, would be turning in his grave.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    1/10
    Lets not confuse the govts response with the fact that NZ is an isolated island(s) at the bottom of the world
    NZ is doing so well because we are an isolated island.

Covid was known about since last december.
    The govt had PLENTY of time to prepare
    . they did nothing for how many months

then the govt lied about availability of flu vax
    lied about availability of SUITABLE PPE for medical staff

The isolation facilities were a joke for months. Everyone EXCEPT the govt knew how sloppy the isolation facilites & NZ's testing & isolation at the border were
    NOT ONE govt minister actually went and checked on the facilities .
    Zero follow up on the MANY reports of sloppyness at isolation/quarantine facilites .
    The govt ministers literally denied the reports of this sloppyness when asked about it in interviews, despite the interviewer stating they had photographic proof of the concerns

So , its 1/10
    deny deny deny , lie lie lie
    then knee jerk over-reactions when covid is found in the community .
    Wait until its so bad that covid is getting into the community, then do something to fix the obvious issues. How can that be any more than a 1/10 ?

Govt ministers Breaking the rules , incl the PM . Govt minister breaking the lockdown rules to go biking & go on a family car ride

Only now making masks compulsory on Ak public transport...after how many months ?
    i agree with most of that.

the start was 0/10. they blatantly ignored it, the test and trace system failed and forced us into lockdown. 10/10 for PR, super smart calling it hard and early when it was actually the opposite. test and trace system was later proven to be totally inadequate.

the quarantine setup has been sloppy, absolute amateur hour. which has led to multiple breaches. it wouldn't be to bad if it was some super technical thing or some idiot deliberately doing something, but no its just failure to do the most basic of things.

they get points for slowly getting their game together. but on the other hand all the holes they have had to patch up should not have existed in the first place. we have plenty of people in nz who do this stuff for a living. they have the skills and experience and yet they appear to have been ignored.

the single biggest failing is they have not got the right mindset in the workers.
    jacidina has down played the serious of the situation and the workers involved have taken that to heart. which results in things like quarantine hotel workers going to public places, workmen working in high risk areas going to the pub after.

i deal with notifiable diseases and do quarantines. the hardest thing i find with newbies is getting the right mind set in place. you will never achieve that if jacinda keeps doing the soft approach.
    so govt gets a 1/10 for that as its still a major problem and that will continue to cause outbreaks.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    i agree with most of that.
    Me too.