Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Computer Tech

Talking I need fibre in my diet!

Having been in our new place, about 20 mins inland from Oamaru, for over a year and having OK (but slow) internet with a local WISP, I found out there is a fibre cable running right past our gate!
    So after waiting for about 6 months to get a quote from Chorus to get us connected it's finally being completed tomorrow.
    With both myself and my wife working from home we need a good connection so it was worth the cost, and will probably add value to the property anyway, if we decide to sell later.

Default Re: I need fibre in my diet!

Before we had fibre, watching YouTube videos would slow everything down and SWMBO noticed it very much when she was working from home. Fibre changed all that and from when we had it installed there were no more problems.

You will love it. Not much faster but certainly more efficient.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Computer Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Before we had fibre, watching YouTube videos would slow everything down and SWMBO noticed it very much when she was working from home. Fibre changed all that and from when we had it installed there were no more problems.

You will love it. Not much faster but certainly more efficient.
    It'll be faster for us as our wireless connection only gives around 12-15Mbps down and 3-4Mbps upload.
    Fibre will be 900/400.
    And just in time for the school holidays as kids will be here during the day as well using Youtube etc.

Yep fast internet is good. Just don't try with vodafone to get anything done. Their service is has been getting absolutely terrible as time moves on. They promise the world and wont deliver.

Had a good one the other Day, been trying to get a connection set up in a business - 3 Weeks and they been mucking about, Went to Spark in the end, Managed to get hold of the Area Manager (From friends in high places ) all within 1 day the new account made and new Router sent out. Cancelled Vodafone via email and it was funny, within 1 minute of sending the email Vodafone rang, back peddling -- To little to late sorry.

Computer Tech

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Yep fast internet is good. Just don't try with vodafone to get anything done. Their service is has been getting absolutely terrible as time moves on. They promise the world and wont deliver.

Had a good one the other Day, been trying to get a connection set up in a business - 3 Weeks and they been mucking about, Went to Spark in the end, Managed to get hold of the Area Manager (From friends in high places ) all within 1 day the new account made and new Router sent out. Cancelled Vodafone via email and it was funny, within 1 minute of sending the email Vodafone rang, back peddling -- To little to late sorry.
    Had to go with Full Flavour as they were the only ISP that were willing to help with the 'NGA on application' from Chorus to actually get the quote for our rural fibre connection.
    Hopefully they're OK as also locked into a 24 month contract!

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Just don't try with vodafone to get anything done. Their service is has been getting absolutely terrible as time moves on. They promise the world and wont deliver.
    Well you can't start an argument like that.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

We have been waiting 3 years for Enable to hook us up, they are of course part of the CCC, have sent them two reminder notices, but then we hope for a miracle.

Noticed that Downer who must be sub-let to Enable were over the road at neighbor's sorting out the ladies intelligent TV, her phone is through, you guessed it, Vodafone.

Haven't had a chance to see/hear what was wrong yet. She has had nothing but trouble from this crowd.

BH bought a new cell and had Vod set it up, she mentioned our dilemma with fibre problem and was told, the early in 2021 Vod would going onto 5G and things should be much better. They mentioned that copper would be going out!!! tooo.

lurking.

Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

We love the fibre connection that we have with Spark CYaBro, it works well! Nevertheless, I urge you also to incorporate Metamucil tablets into your diet also, two each day works for us.
    My wife was very hesitant, but now is an avid believer. To me it is just simple sense, for although we have a couple of small pieces of meat at lunchtime, plus a very diverse salad and small roll,
    the extra fibre we get, from Metamucil (in, this, our Western Country) works so .............. very well. Just a thought!
    Last edited by Misty; 15-12-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile
    Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz 32 °C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

Not now and probably not ever will fibre come down our road, so Spark wireless it is.

Weet-Bix and Oats are great sources of fibre

"If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."

Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage· Jun 12