Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Locked out of Windows. Login Screen changed from PIN to Password. Headache!!!

End of the day I deleted the partition on C Drive (the Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD) and installed W10 Prox64 20H2 build 19042.572 because the drive wouldn't boot. I did that today at 1:00PM
    because I had had enough headbanging and decided to start afresh with clean install W10. All was done by 1:20pm.
    Now I will tell you why I went the way I chose.
    After getting access to the W10 on the Intel SSD and finding a lot of missing folders/files on desktop and in Docs/Videos/Pictures, unable to do a Syst Restore because there were none, a game I played had lost all progress and I was a cadet Sniper with basic hardware and skills.
    I decided to find a full backup Macrium 7 .mrimg I had made a few of in earlier months, I found three and used the one with the latest date (6/08/20) to recover the installed W10 OS to an earlier time. Unbelievably, I ended up with the sign-in for the W10 I have on the Samsung Evo 860 SSD.
    It must have been an image I had made of the Samsung drive before I wiped it back in August.
    I did the recovery again and ended up with two identical Systems, one on the Samsung the other on the Intel. All the partitions were exactly the same for both.
    To access the drives my MS accounts were a different gmail account but the same PIN that I had set up when installing W10 to them. The Intel drive now was the gmail and PIN for the Samsung.
    Then I discovered early today that to use the MS Office 2019 I had to register/sign-in using my MS account and password. Whoops. I thinking..... MS Passwords again huh. I had only installed MSOffice to the Intel Drive, it was the drive I have used for 3+ years.
    Then,... the fan almost stopped spinning because it was fast getting clogged with stuff.
    I reconnected the Samsung SSD, set it to be First boot in UEFI BIOS and used it. (The Intel SSD was still in the computer)
    I was again having to do the DDU Shuffle to get the AMD RX580 drivers uninstalled/reinstalled to get Dual Display, on both Hard drives.
    Finally, the computer would not boot the Intel drive, 3 times, I made sure it was set to be First Boot and when computer was restarted I got the instruction onscreen to Restart device and use a device with an OS on it.
    When it eventually refused to boot the Intel W10 with only that SSD connected to the computer: I decided its a goner!
    Connected the Samsung and comp booted. Used Easeus Partition Master 12 to wipe the Intel SSD Clean.
    Went to burn the W10 ISO I had DL'd to a 32GB USB drive, it wouldn't. I had wiped the USB of data (the W10 I had DL'd 2 days earlier) I needed the drive to burn PCUnlocker to it to get the Intel drive unlocked.
    The USB couldn't be written to, I tried formatting it, no would do, Rufus couldn't write to it..... Checked it in Easeus and the thing had been made into a GPT drive! I used the DiskPart clean commands to make the USB usable.
    Rufus-Burned the W10 ISO to the USB drive, Easeus obliterated the Intel Partition, created an NTFS Primary 512GB Drive, rebooted, set UEFI BIOS to boot from USB. Only thing I had to do after clicking to Install was delete the NTFS Partition of the Intel SSD I had created om Easeus. I deleted it and left it Unallocated space, set the ball rolling and job done in 10-15 mins
    Then it was all Hi...getting things ready, the Setting up etc. etc. and then along came Mary "Create an MS Account".... okay, I entered the gmail account I had used before when I first installed to the Intel SSD, and then it asked for a Password.
    I tried the one I know and its the same as that for the gmail sign in on the Samsung and it hit me "Incorrect" appeared onscreen. Been down this road before..... clicked the Back tab, entered the gmail account and password that's on the Samsung and Bob's ya uncle. In like the robber's dog Also, I created a PIN and I am now using that to sign-in.
    Updates were installed and notifications of upgrading me to the Latest Edge Browser....
    I had to Activate the new install of W10, dunno why, W10 has been on this computer and activated... maybe because it wasn't a Rolled out upgrade/update to a newer Build of that which was/is installed: it is a NEW install of a Newer OS.
    Dunno.
    Long way to go yet. Fresh install is best but takes time, been here done this before.
    I will leave the Samsung SSD disconnected, so there can be no cross-contamination of Boot systems... done that before when I had W7 and W10 dual booted. I was using Sata HDD's at the time and had the 2 Os's on its own HDD. They became hybrid. I may well wipe the 500GB Samsung SSD thus having storage space for docs/pics/downloads, Programs and Games install.
    That's about it
    Have a nice day and thanks for the advice and guidence. Much appreciated.
    kioti
    Last edited by kioti; 15-11-2020 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling and tense corrections

Default Re: Locked out of Windows. Login Screen changed from PIN to Password. Headache!!!

ps: in retrospect, I think it was the in and out of drive changes in the UEFI BIOS I had to do to get the AMD RX580 Drivers uninstalled and reinstalled to enable Dual Monitor. Every time (almost) that I got back into the Samsung I had a notification onscreen that said "there seems to be a problem with my MS Accounts. Please fix it now" todo that I had to enter my PIN and all was good.
    Just a thought, because as I said, one computer, two different MS Accounts ( different emails used) and the one same PIN.
    Dunno
    cheers

Then I discovered early today that to use the MS Office 2019 I had to register/sign-in using my MS account and password.
    Depends what you / how you want to sign in with or without passwords --- There's a Few Tricks -- When you setup the local account if you don't have the computer connected to the internet, its quite easy to select - I don't have internet - The after it tries a couple of times to convince you, it offers a Local account and no need to put in a password.

The Office -- Again don't need to use a MS account on the Whole Computer - all you do is when it asks select Microsoft Apps Only. This allows Office to sign in and keeps the computer separate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apps only.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	10582  
    Last edited by wainuitech; 15-11-2020 at 09:34 PM.

wainuitech, hi.
    Ahhhhhh, handy pieces of knowledge to have. I will do that when I install W10 to the Samsung or another SSD. I am intending to do something I should done 6+ month ago: get the DDR4RAM needed to complete the building of another computer using the Gigabyte AB350M-DBH for which I had to get the BIOS updated to run the 2nd Gen Ryzen5 2400G that is now in this rig I use. I bought a Ryzen 5 2600 I have used in the current rig and that I intended to use in the computer I intended to build months ago and haven't gotten round to doing.
    Having 2 computers will be better than one with 2 W10 OS running on individual drives. The AMD Radeon RX580 can go into the Gigabyte Rig which I can use for Gaming, Video editing and have when needed to come to PF1 or Google PC/Windows probs, get downloads, do MediaFire uploads/downloads. Netflix, my Home Theater/Workhorse.
    I installed Sniper Elite 4 to the new W10 Rig I am using now. That was handy because it installed all DX9.0c (Redist I think it was) and MS Visual C++ 2012 and 2015 Redistributable x86 and x64.
    Now, at 4:18am and having finished my cuppa and ciggie, smoko's over and its back to bed/sleep.
    cheers

Asus Prime B450M-A, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, GSkill Flare X 16GD4 2933MHz (at 2400MHz), Intel 660P 512GB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair HX 750W 80Plus Platinum Fully Modular PSU, Asus VP248 Full HD 75Hz 1ms, W10 Pro x64 v20H2 build 19042.630
    Last edited by kioti; 16-11-2020 at 04:51 AM. Reason: add info

The logon of Windows 10 computers can be bypassed,some conventional methods can do this,so that you can access the computer without entering any password.
    About some conventional methods,like Microsoft account,command prompt and other accounts,i have used this to bypass password for Windows 10 computer,everything is not that difficult.