Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Old guy

Default Re: And the Winner is........

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Some are allready saying Biden will be a lame duck Pres, as the Democrats dont control the senate , so cant pass any laws .
    The US have a strange Political system , good at limiting power, bad at getting things done/fixed .

Watch & wait , as we'll hear more & more stories come out ,of Biden groping women . is he no better than Trump in that respect ?
    You appear to be one of the few commenting to actually have some understanding of the USA's political system.

Biden is not the President elect until declared as such on the 14th of December (splitting straws I know)

There are some very bright people examining all aspects of the recent election. Expect some legal challenges of votes in the key states as a result. It probably will not make any difference but it did in Florida for the Bush - Al Gore election I recall.

Hmm how many times did Jeb Bush have Florida do recounts until his brother George magically had enough votes. Its happened to one Republican and it could happen again.

We now know there are around 70 million morons in the USA these are the people who voted for Trump and I include any Trump supporters in NZ as moronic as well.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    We now know there are around 70 million morons in the USA these are the people who voted for Trump and I include any Trump supporters in NZ as moronic as well.
    Judging by your posts here over the years I would have placed you as a die hard Trump supporter..
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

I know it doesn't happen very often, but I agree with you

"If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."

Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage· Jun 12

I include any Trump supporters in NZ as moronic as well.
    Prior to the Chinese flu outbreak and how he handled it I would have argued that, but not anymore.

all to easy to pass judgement on trump voters from a distant NZ
    A high percentage of the US are very conservative in beliefs and values. That doesnt make them morons .

a vote for trump was a vote against US troops being incloved in unwinnable wars
    a vote against US paying for Euro defense (NATO) when the Europeans didnt want to pay their share
    a vote against out of control protests turning to anarcy , pulling down statues , political correctness taken to extremes .
    a vote against Democrats
    a vote against the old ways of doing things Polictically ,
    a vote againt the old school Democrats & Republicans
    a vote against locking down the whole country & totally destroying whats left of their economy ( Aucklanders ***** & moan when put back into lockdown for even a week)
    1st pres to defuse the Nth Korean issue , after how many decades ?

Yes he is an arse , but
    He didnt hide who he was or predend to be someone else. Most Presidents had put a on a fake persona , Trump doesnt .
    Biden, his past is coming back to haunt him allready. Possibly no better than trump as a person .
    At least with trump , you knew exactly what you were getting .

Wait and see, Biden wont be able to do any better . The US economy has been on borrowed time and borrowed money for over a decade.
    Its a country in decline , economically , morally & socially . That cant be fixed with a change of President.

Old guy

A high percentage of the US are very conservative in beliefs and values. That doesnt make them morons .

a vote against US paying for Euro defense (NATO) when the Europeans didnt want to pay their share
    a vote against out of control protests turning to anarcy , pulling down statues , political correctness taken to extremes .
    a vote against Democrats
    a vote against locking down the whole country & totally destroying whats left of their economy ( Aucklanders ***** & moan when put back into lockdown for even a week)

Yes he is an arse , but
    He didnt hide who he was or predend to be someone else. Most Presidents had put a on a fake persona , Trump doesnt .
    Biden, his past is coming back to haunt him allready. Possibly no better than trump as a person .

Wait and see, Biden wont be able to do any better . The US economy has been on borrowed time and borrowed money for over a decade.
    Its a country in decline , economically , morally & socially . That cant be fixed with a change of President.
    About the only thing I would add to your list is that a Vote for Trump was a vote for the continuation of movement towards peace in the Middle East.

I will also add the thought for the more partisan commenters that just because someone has an opinion different to yours it does not mean they are an idiot any more than it means that you are.

a vote against Democrats

Yes he is an arse , but

You make some excellent observations 1101.

May I just add that about 160,000,000 voted, and the margin between the two party’s is zilch.

Given the state of the polls, and allowing for the “Media Hate” of Trump, I think on a level playing field Trump may have won.

At the end of the day though, I sit back, scratch my head, pour another Gin, and console myself with the knowledge there was Sweat “F/A” I could have done about it.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

At the end of the day though, I sit back, scratch my head, pour another Gin, and console myself with the knowledge there was Sweat “F/A” I could have done about it.
    Agree, not Gin but either beer or Bourbon/coke -- Mind you its fun winding up some of the Americans on Facebook , then sit back and watch the war of words erupt as some agree and other disagree