Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Specsavers: "We could all do with a spare pair."

I got a cord for husbands reading glasses ($2 shop), as I got sick of looking for them.
    Not the loop type, the sports type, with push on rubber ends.

Yesterday he was all in a tangle...he'd managed to get an arm through the cord and then put a jumper on over........

My brother got a Alexa Echo sent to him by the blind foundation...he hadn't asked for it...so he was playing with it last night, quite cool...you can use their library, but also Amazons...
    Ex-pctek

Cool Re: Specsavers: "We could all do with a spare pair."

I too am a happy ZenniOptical customer. Been using them for years for SWMBO and myself. Just ordered a pair of sunglasses and normal specs, progressive, great frames, phone number inside 'arm' (saved a lost pair of specs by SWMBO), easy-clean coating, UV coating of course - total cost for both specs $192 NZD.

Specsavers is super good for eye check-ups; they have the latest tech gear.

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    I'm an enthusiastic Zenniphile ... I get the eye exam done at the University Optometry Clinic, and send the prescription off to Zenni. Progressive lenses, antiglare, all delivered under 2 weeks from exam to receipt, and all up around $140. I only ever had one problem, a tiny imperfection that Zenni fixed without any hesitation on their part. The replacement pair arrived within a week (no cost or freight charges) and they said to keep the original glasses as a standby just-in-case pair. Which 10 years on, they're still in service.

I did try an online NZ company for an updated script, but I found their ordering process sometimes confusing. The NZ company's cost was more than Specsavers, and certainly much much more than Zenni.

Try Zenni, they really are great value. As Wainui says, it's the frames that push up the cost, and who's going to be able to tell the difference between designer frames and low cost specs that look just as good anyway?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics
    are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

~ Bertrand Russell

Default Re: Specsavers: "We could all do with a spare pair."

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer View Post

Specsavers is super good for eye check-ups; they have the latest tech gear.
    So do others. OPSM where I went last. And the independent guy I used to go to in Auckland.
    Ex-pctek