Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: MS Win 10 Problems?

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    But Wait, there's more.

Mac's only good for 10%

Attachment 10564

So let me see, Win10 is good for 50% Mac is good for 10% so Linux must be the remaining 40%.
    Far from it, in the link provided by piroska its at 0.76%, and those graphs are way more accurate than PCWorld.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Assuming it IS Linux, and not a looks like LInux....and it isn't plagued with the things I dislike about Windows thee days....I will: CHeer and install it.
    Its from the Linux Kernal, an alternative to the current NT. They have already using it for several years -- A large percentage of Azure is based on it. And why not they are helping develop and spending a lot of $$ to the Linux Foundation.

Got one OS here right now, its linux based, but looks very much like windows ( in fact quite surprised MS haven't done something about it, its a blatant copy / layout), apart from the fact its still not liking the graphics and freezes all the time on the computer, and takes 3 times as long to boot, but on a Windows install, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Far from it, in the link provided by piroska its at 0.76%, and those graphs are way more accurate than PCWorld.
    Objection:

Android run more than any other platform in the World!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Android.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	10565

And Android is based on the Linux Kernel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Android2.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	10566

Therefore one must assume that Android is just another variation of the Linux Platform.

One must also assume that if both Windows and Linux somehow have over 50% of the market, macOS can't exist.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Objection:

One must also assume that if both Windows and Linux somehow have over 50% of the market, macOS can't exist.
    Well you kind of said it in Post #17 -- look at various places and you'll get different results.

NOW most results -- Doesn't say if those are desktop OS's, Server OS's etc, two different types of operations.

There are Both Windows "Consumer" OS's, Server OS's, same with Linux Desktop and Server.

No one ever mentions the Server OS -- Poor wee version(s) left out in the cold BUT turn off the servers and watch the world come to a screeching halt.

MS use a highly modified Linux (completely different to the desktop style like mint) on their Azure platform -- Why ?? Simple, as Russinovich said "it's a "practical business decision." So like it or Not Microsoft and Linux are combining in many ways and have been doing so for quite a while now.

Personally I don't really care, I Use both OS's, just know more about windows as its what the majority of people use and what's available in shops (on Consumer Computers). AND its good fun taunting BM
    Last edited by wainuitech; 03-11-2020 at 02:01 PM.

apart from the fact its still not liking the graphics and freezes all the time on the computer, and takes 3 times as long to boot,.
    LOL.....note the winner on my stats link is Android...
    Of course, PCs will become obsolete.

See this:

https://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showth...Obsolete-Items

There are already a number of items not on that pic...my brother got a new phone, it has various tools like plumbline, compass and so on on it...a builders selection (other than compass) I think.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    LOL.....note the winner on my stats link is Android...
    Of course, PCs will become obsolete.

See this:

https://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showth...Obsolete-Items

There are already a number of items not on that pic...my brother got a new phone, it has various tools like plumbline, compass and so on on it...a builders selection (other than compass) I think.
    There was an electric typewriter in that pic, where is the device that prints A4 that fits in my pocket

I cant see PC's becoming obselete in the next 10 years.
    Most businesses arnt going to move their staff onto phones & tablets . That would be horrendously unproductive .
    And given how most small busness dont want to spend to upgrade software , they wont be buying a completely new software product just to run on different devices from PC's .
    They literally have to dragged screaming & kicking to get them to upgrade, and are left with unsupported obselete software . I see that more often than not .
    And gamers will allways want PC's & the big screen.

20 years from now, no one really knows . I dont think anyone can predict what it will be like then .

Maybe the last one item in the illustration to become obsolete is the human being....... but never say never!

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

20 years from now, no one really knows . I dont think anyone can predict what it will be like then .
    Yeah installed a gaming machine not so long ago, asked if they wanted a monitor and what size - He said narr got a good one. When turning up , the "monitor" was a 65" 4K TV --- errrrr Okay Must admit though when he opened a game it was WOW

Yeah installed a gaming machine not so long ago, asked if they wanted a monitor and what size - He said narr got a good one. When turning up , the "monitor" was a 65" 4K TV --- errrrr Okay Must admit though when he opened a game it was WOW
    Hope it had a good GPU to go with it
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

I cant see PC's becoming obselete in the next 10 years.
    Most businesses arnt going to move their staff onto phones & tablets . That would be horrendously unproductive .

Never say never. Before PCs many comments were made.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
    - Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    - Ken Olson (President,Chairman and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation) at the Convention of the World Future Society in Boston in 1977

If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG.
    - Bill Gates, CEO of Microsoft

"There's nobody getting rich writing software that I know of."
    - Bill Gates, CEO of Microsoft
    Did he honestly believe that? From an interview in 80 Microcomputing (1980).

640K ought to be enough for anybody.
    -Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, 1981

There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
    - Jeremy S. Anderson

Get your feet off my desk, get out of here, you stink, and we're not going to buy your product.
    - Joe Keenan, President of Atari, in 1976 responding to Steve Jobs' offer to sell him rights to the new personal computer he and Steve Wozniak developed

"We will never make a 32-bit operating system."
    Bill Gates (speaking at the launch of MSX in 1989).

Phones are replacing many things now....Gaming?

https://store.google.com/magazine/st...product/stadia

Still get to use a big screen......
    Ex-pctek