Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: MS Win 10 Problems?

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    You make me laugh -- The Thread about the previews - So bloody what its not for dimwits like you who dont have a clue about anything. The Whole thread is about BETA versions , and if you dont know what that is take a look at Mint20 That was really a beta should never have been let free on the public.

Man are you in for a shock -- What are you going to do when When Microsoft bring out their own version of Linux - it looks like windows, everything is done the same, programs install like now, no bugging for passwords. In every way it will still be windows - but only in looks. A version is already being used for several years now in business, but just not as a public OS.

That narrows it down to how do I turn on the computer and what's this sign in box want -- Any actual help with ANY problems you know sweet FA !!
    I agree with you about Mint 20. It has many problems, incompatible with a lot of the software, software that used to be free has been 'upgraded' and requires a license, the older versions will not run on it. It is more demanding on resources than Mint 18.3 (the best). The rot started with Mint 19. As for Windows 10, there are several versions, and they can be customized extensively. I use a modified version of W10 Pro 2040, dual booted with Mint 18.3, for graphics, and web sites. It has never missed a beat, and is fast. Boots in 19 seconds with fast boot disabled.
    Last edited by mzee; 30-10-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    I agree with you about Mint 20. It has many problems, incompatible with a lot of the software, software that used to be free has been 'upgraded' and requires a license, the older versions will not run on it. It is more demanding on resources than Mint 18.3 (the best). The rot started with Mint 19. As for Windows 10, there are several versions, and they can be customized extensively. I use a modified version of W10 Pro 2040, dual booted with Mint 18.3, for graphics, and web sites. It has never missed a beat, and is fast. Boots in 19 seconds with fast boot disabled.
    Now here's a man that knows how to use multi OS's, and whose posts I gladly read

Like myself and many others, use both all the time, just prefer Windows.

MS are actually in the process of making a Linux based Windows, they are on The Linux Foundation and like other members spend up to half a million dollars a year to finance the development of Linux.

They have been using Linux based software (and not meaning mint) on one of the worlds biggest Business platforms for several years after developing it.

What the public see is only scratching the surface of whats being developed and what plans are being worked on. Some only see whats here today while others can see whats possible in the future and working towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post

99.5% of those devices do so without problem. .
    fact check please . references please
    That figure MUST be completely made up.

There have been plenty of issues with Win10 , usually due to buggy updates .
    Can we expect perfection, of course not. No excuse to make up statistics though

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    fact check please . references please
    That figure MUST be completely made up.
    Do you realize that 99.5% of statistics have a decimal factor. This is to make them look genuine.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    Do you realize that 99.5% of statistics have a decimal factor. This is to make them look genuine.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    What are you going to do when When Microsoft bring out their own version of Linux
    Assuming it IS Linux, and not a looks like LInux....and it isn't plagued with the things I dislike about Windows thee days....I will: CHeer and install it.
    Ex-pctek

I love these BS statistics that get thrown around.

Here's one from a most reliable source.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows BS.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	10562
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Yes because there is mac and Linux too...and the proliferation of other devices now...tablets, phones, a lot of people don't have PCs as such anymore....so Android too.
    Ex-pctek

But Wait, there's more.

Mac's only good for 10%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macOS.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	10564

So let me see, Win10 is good for 50% Mac is good for 10% so Linux must be the remaining 40%.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

So let me see, Win10 is good for 50% Mac is good for 10% so Linux must be the remaining 40%.
    Android....

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share
    Ex-pctek