Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Old guy

Default MS Win 10 Problems?

This is just my opinion. If yours is different I am good with that.

There are currently around one billion devices around the world running the Win 10 operating system.
    99.5% of those devices do so without problem. That in itself is quite remarkable considering the majority of users are exactly that, users rather than expert computer nerds.

The 0.5%, or about 5 million users, that do have problems make a lot of noise. The happy ones on the other hand do not so it is very easy to get the impression that things are far worse than they really are.

Most people either figure out how to fix a problem or obtain expert advice to sort it for them. Problems are usually easy to fix once you know how.

Those advising a move to Linux are quite deluded if they think Linux will suit everyone. Linux users usually are fairly expert computer users and know how to get things to work as they wish. Also my experience would indicate that there are just as many problems with Linux as there are with Win 10.

Default Re: MS Win 10 Problems?

And did you do the counting Clive, or is this just more Microsoft Propaganda?
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    And did you do the counting Clive, or is this just more Microsoft Propaganda?
    FYI Google did the counting.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Those advising a move to Linux are quite deluded if they think Linux will suit everyone. Linux users usually are fairly expert computer users and know how to get things to work as they wish. Also my experience would indicate that there are just as many problems with Linux as there are with Win 10.
    I'm yet to have an OS update completely preventing Windows from booting. I can't say the same about Linux
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    FYI Google did the counting.
    Just as I suspected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win 10.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	10555
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post
    I'm yet to have an OS update completely preventing Windows from booting. I can't say the same about Linux
    What some seem to think is Linux is perfect, its FAR from it. The last 3 data recovery's I have had to do are all from Linux Based systems. Thanks for that my charges for having to recover linux failures FAR exceeds any windows based problems.

The ONLY problems I see with windows Computers is often hardware based ( failed components). My Actual Work on W10 OS related Computers with problems has dropped by easily 95% compared to W7 or XP.

BM is loving rubbishing Windows but has anyone actually noticed that as soon as there's a linux problem he disappears, of no help what so ever. Just have to look on the Linux forums just how many problems people have.

BM just a bit of advise -- if you are going to push an OS its always best to be able to assist WHEN there's a problem, not run away and hide like you do.

Theres a few on here lately -- BM is again (not surprisingly) noticeably absent, there's no help with the problems, actual help from other REAL Linux users is very sparse, and one (Rod) actually posted
    I don't know why some people using Linux keep posting for Linux help on this forum when so few people here use Linux. Isn't it more logical to try the Linux Mint forum or just a general Google search with relevant key words?
    Couldn't agree more Rod

There are MANY posts on the linux Forums and a few here advising not to touch the latest mint 20, due to being so unstable.

BM the laugh at the market share -- Sorry sunshine but it the truth, like it or not, and of course MS would know better than anyone. If you cant figure out why then you are beyond help.

Windows is 2nd, and Linux See the bottom red line in the following link at 0.8% ( and this is not a MS site) https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share What funny is even the "Unknown" is higher

At the end of the day there's Several OS's people use, some like one or two others like what they like, get used to it !!
    Last edited by wainuitech; 30-10-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    BM is loving rubbishing Windows but has anyone actually noticed that as soon as there's a linux problem he disappears, of no help what so ever. Just have to look on the Linux forums just how many problems people have.

BM just a bit of advise -- if you are going to push an OS its always best to be able to assist WHEN there's a problem, not run away and hide like you do.

Theres a few on here lately -- BM is again (not surprisingly) noticeably absent, there's no help with the problems, actual help from other REAL Linux users is very sparse, and one (Rod) actually posted
    Let me help you out old son.

Firstly, Iíd be only too glad to help someone out if I knew the answer, but Iíve had so little trouble with Mint, all I know has already been answered.

Secondly, the reason I float any Linux problem I have here, is because of the excellent results I get.

Rod, Kame, Dave, Fred and a couple of others have solved pretty well all my few problems.

Mind you, I have noticed some advise given by some of the self appointed experts and cringed.

Finally, did you notice this thread?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win 10 preview.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	10556

It belongs to three or four guys who have 2863 posts over 5 plus years trying to sort out Win 10.

Talk about a futile exercise.

You make me laugh -- The Thread about the previews - So bloody what its not for dimwits like you who dont have a clue about anything. The Whole thread is about BETA versions , and if you dont know what that is take a look at Mint20 That was really a beta should never have been let free on the public.

Man are you in for a shock -- What are you going to do when When Microsoft bring out their own version of Linux - it looks like windows, everything is done the same, programs install like now, no bugging for passwords. In every way it will still be windows - but only in looks. A version is already being used for several years now in business, but just not as a public OS.

all I know has already been answered
    That narrows it down to how do I turn on the computer and what's this sign in box want -- Any actual help with ANY problems you know sweet FA !!

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    You make me laugh -- The Thread about the previews - So bloody what its not for dimwits like you who dont have a clue about anything. The Whole thread is about BETA versions.
    Cripes, only up to BETA ,

Youíll have whiskers by the time you get to Ω.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Cripes, only up to BETA ,

Youíll have whiskers by the time you get to Ω.
    Yes that thread is about testing versions, Just like Linux if a person wants to download and use the beta version before they make them available to general release they can, BUT the way mint 20 is with all its known listed problems and very unstable its as if someone hit the release /finished while all the developers weren't looking. Hell even on their own site they suggest if you have problems use an earlier version

If you are facing hardware issues with the latest version of Linux Mint and you are unable to solve them, you can always try an earlier release.

End of the day you'd make a good? cars salesman -- Sell something to someone then when there's a problem run away and hide and completely ignore the problems.

As I mentioned earlier, Made a rather good income over the last few weeks fixing corrupted Linux Systems, compared to ZERO actual Windows problems.

AND Like normal you ignore any questions